The Student Room Group

BAD AS RESULTS - what's next?

For my AS results I got BBUU. I'm extremely disappointed and confused at what options I have left. Does anyone have any advice and perhaps experiences from their own behalf?

I'm considering resits or redoing the year - will this be the best option?

Thank you!!
Original post by Elizabeth121
For my AS results I got BBUU. I'm extremely disappointed and confused at what options I have left. Does anyone have any advice and perhaps experiences from their own behalf?

Thank you!!

How hard do you think you worked this year?

It may be worth having a discussion with your teachers to find out where you struggled this year, or whether your revision or exam techniques are wrong. Re-doing the year will be easier than doing resits, since you will resist the AS portion alongside the A2 portion.

Do you have the option to go and speak to a teacher?
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
How hard do you think you worked this year?

It may be worth having a discussion with your teachers to find out where you struggled this year, or whether your revision or exam techniques are wrong. Re-doing the year will be easier than doing resits, since you will resist the AS portion alongside the A2 portion.

Do you have the option to go and speak to a teacher?

Yes, I think teachers are coming into the college tomorrow. I might go and see them. By the way, by re-doing the year, does that mean I'll be a year behind? I'm not well informed on this topic.
Yes, I think teachers are coming into the college tomorrow. I might go and see them. By the way, by re-doing the year, does that mean I'll be a year behind? I'm not well informed on this topic.

I would definitely go in and see them, no matter what :h: . By re-doing the year, you will move down into the year below. By re-sitting the exams, you will stay in your current year and do AS and A2 exams at the same time, next summer :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Nirgilis
I would definitely go in and see them, no matter what :h: . By re-doing the year, you will move down into the year below. By re-sitting the exams, you will stay in your current year and do AS and A2 exams at the same time, next summer :smile:

I feel ya I got ABCD which ain't great also. But what I would say is you could drop one of the U grade and try and get your teachers to predict you a C for one U grade and explain what you did wrong. BBC ain't bad at all
Reply 5
Original post by Gnatt27
I feel ya I got ABCD which ain't great also. But what I would say is you could drop one of the U grade and try and get your teachers to predict you a C for one U grade and explain what you did wrong. BBC ain't bad at all

Thank you, that sounds like something I could do!
Original post by Gnatt27

Good advice, yes :yep:

Thank you!!

Hey, sorry you didn't get what you hoped for. You should:

1 - Check your UCAS Track to see if you have been accepted at your Firm or Insurance choices
2 - If you haven't, take a look at the Clearing availability for the subject you are interested in
3 - Start calling Universities that offer the course and you would consider going to to get verbal offers

May I ask what subject you are interested in?

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/
Reply 8
Original post by Glyndŵr University
Hey, sorry you didn't get what you hoped for. You should:

1 - Check your UCAS Track to see if you have been accepted at your Firm or Insurance choices
2 - If you haven't, take a look at the Clearing availability for the subject you are interested in
3 - Start calling Universities that offer the course and you would consider going to to get verbal offers

May I ask what subject you are interested in?

http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/

Oops, should have mentioned, they're AS results! I shall saver those tips however :smile:
I'm interested in Geography but I got a U in that - it's absolutely devestating

Thank you!!

Apprenticeships or resits I would say, best of luck
Oops, should have mentioned, they're AS results! I shall saver those tips however :smile:
I'm interested in Geography but I got a U in that - it's absolutely devestating

Ahhh I see! Resitting is the first thing that springs to mind, or how about a different style of course - i.e. BTEC as opposed to A Level?

http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/ 01978 293439
Ahhh I see! Resitting is the first thing that springs to mind, or how about a different style of course - i.e. BTEC as opposed to A Level?

http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/ 01978 293439

Yes I will definitely resit as long as my college let me continue my studies! Do you by any chance know the grades needed to continue A2 at a typical college?

Thank you!!

Do you know what could have possibly gone wrong for the subjects that you got Us in? Did you do absolutely no revision?
Yes I will definitely resit as long as my college let me continue my studies! Do you by any chance know the grades needed to continue A2 at a typical college?

I don't unfortunately - you would need to speak to your course tutors. Can I ask what you want to study at University?

I don't unfortunately - you would need to speak to your course tutors. Can I ask what you want to study at University?

It was geography but I'll have to rethink the path I want to take now
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Do you know what could have possibly gone wrong for the subjects that you got Us in? Did you do absolutely no revision?

I did plenty of revision and I worked so hard. However, I didn't expect a great grade from politics because I've struggled with it from the start. My geography grade has been a massive slap in the face, I felt like I did so good on the exam.

Thank you!!

Elizabeth121 you're result although not perhaps what you wanted are by no means bad,

With your 2 B's you would be able to apply for a course such as the BA (hons) Degree in insurance through Peter Symonds College and BeWiser Insurance which is a working degree with no debt.

There are multiple options available to you.

Quick Reply