The Student Room Group

Just need some advice...

Just found out I'm in clearing meaning that I missed out on my ABB insurance, I don't know what to say, I really thought I had that A...

However I've just gotten an email from my firm choice about other courses, and the grade requirements are ABB. Does this basically mean that I've gotten BBB, since I've missed my insurance and there's no way that they would suggest me these courses if I was 2 or more grades below the requirements. I just need some advice
Original post by Randomguy51
Does this basically mean that I've gotten BBB, since I've missed my insurance and there's no way that they would suggest me these courses if I was 2 or more grades below the requirements. I just need some advice

Wait until you have your exact results and then evaluate your options from there. Once you have them you can decide on whether to take up the uni on any alternative courses they offered, or wait and see if you would prefer something in Clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by MrDystopia
Wait until you have your exact results and then evaluate your options from there. Once you have them you can decide on whether to take up the uni on any alternative courses they offered, or wait and see if you would prefer something in Clearing.

Yea I'm just waiting for my results now, but would it be safe to assume that I basically got BBB?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yea I'm just waiting for my results now, but would it be safe to assume that I basically got BBB?

Really it's not worth assuming anything. Once you have your concrete results you'll be in a much better place to think forward.
Reply 4
Really it's not worth assuming anything. Once you have your concrete results you'll be in a much better place to think forward.

I know but I can't go until later and I really just want to get a feel for how I've done. I've also just gotten a phone call from someone from my firm, but I was too nervous to hear who he was. I think that I've gotten BBB, since there's no way I would be offered an ABB course with BBC or lower. Would that be a relatively safe assumption to make?
I know but I can't go until later and I really just want to get a feel for how I've done. I've also just gotten a phone call from someone from my firm, but I was too nervous to hear who he was. I think that I've gotten BBB, since there's no way I would be offered an ABB course with BBC or lower. Would that be a relatively safe assumption to make?

Safe to make until then but I would not act upon that at all. You don't know how lenient your university has been. All the best of luck when you collect your results, and please don't ignore anymore phone calls!

I know the urge that you wnat to know, but you have to wait now to know what you are dealing with, but what Dystopia said is the only approach.

If you have a call from your firm (that's good imo as they will still consider you) then balance out how much its worth going to that Uni and how much on other courses. There is sometimes a small chance you can transfer courses or do a course with a foundation year or resit.
Reply 7
Safe to make until then but I would not act upon that at all. You don't know how lenient your university has been. All the best of luck when you collect your results, and please don't ignore anymore phone calls!

Of course, I just really wanted to know how I did generally. Also I didn't ignore the phone call, I was just too nervous to really catch his name/profession or general role in relation to clearing. I did speak to him but I told him that I still needed my results.

Thank you for the kind and helpful words, hopefully I'll get through this :/
Of course, I just really wanted to know how I did generally. Also I didn't ignore the phone call, I was just too nervous to really catch his name/profession or general role in relation to clearing. I did speak to him but I told him that I still needed my results.

Thank you for the kind and helpful words, hopefully I'll get through this :/

No problem, do continue to ask if you've any problems. And you will get through this, everything has a roundabout way of working out even if it doesn't seem like. All the best :yy:
Just found out I'm in clearing meaning that I missed out on my ABB insurance, I don't know what to say, I really thought I had that A...

However I've just gotten an email from my firm choice about other courses, and the grade requirements are ABB. Does this basically mean that I've gotten BBB, since I've missed my insurance and there's no way that they would suggest me these courses if I was 2 or more grades below the requirements. I just need some advice

Hi :smile:
BBB is an amazing result well done! If you are looking to go through clearing check out out courses as you might find something you like :biggrin: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/clearing/

Emily
Student ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest