The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mint_chocolate
No... I am not able to call them since I am not living in the UK:frown: FML

You need to call them, an email wont get you an answer that quickly. Can you borrow a phone? They might have a number for international students to call.
Original post by Pyslocke
Didn't get into anything. Can't remember the last time I wasn't disappointed with an outcome in my life. Oh well, **** this world

Sorry man :frown:

*I know it may feel like the end of the world, but it really isn't!
Original post by Nirgilis
Congratulations! :awesome:

If you work hard, then 1 grade usually :smile:

Get your grades and call them up!

I did, I Should get an A in bio but I got a B with 3 ums off an A
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by debs20153
What's the average grade rise from as to a levels

There isnt one, some people fall, some people stay the same and some people rise, its all about how hard you work.
Original post by elen90
Pick. Up. The. Phone. Durham.

My daughter already phoned them, they said to wait as they are still updoading to ucas
Original post by Tskadem
Durham is undecided for me, so assuming I need to call with my grades. However, my school doesn't open until 10:00, will they have given the place away by then?

Call them up ASAP :yep:

Original post by Pyslocke
Didn't get into anything. Can't remember the last time I wasn't disappointed with an outcome in my life. Oh well, **** this world

Could you look at Clearing? Do you have your results?
Original post by claireestelle
Call admissions and be very clear you want an answer as to when you'll hear back. Out of interest which uni is it?

Manchester University
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
The waiting is always the hardest part!

Just a few more moments, be patient!

Good luck!! :flutter:

Thank you so much.. I feel like I have been waiting for centuries... first waiting for offers and then waiting for exam results and now waiting for their decisions:colonhash:
Not surprised if I have to wait for 100 years more..
Original post by PlayerBB
I did, I Should get an A in bio but I got a B with 3 marks off an A

3 marks is very easy to catch up :yep: . You only need to be 3 marks over the A-grade boundary to get that A next year!

Do you think you can do it?
AAA and I got into med! I GOT INTO MED!!!!!!!!! Was setting myself up for disappointment having seen the boundaries, so I really can't believe it!

If I was looking for reasons to be annoyed, I got a C in the Bio ISA which meant I was 1 mark off A*! Do I care? Not in the slightest!

I GOT INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL!

Hope everyone gets what they deserve today. Best of luck!
Does anyone know why i have a smallcircle next to my A grade on my aqa results sheet
Original post by HassanAftab
Manchester University

Any luck calling them a second time?
Original post by mint_chocolate
No... I am not able to call them since I am not living in the UK:frown: FML

You really need to call them, they usually have an international call line, try and borrow a phone if you need to?
5 mins till ResultsPlus (Edexcel)

*****ing myself right now. :eek::eek3::eek2::eek4:
Original post by robins620
AAA and I got into med! I GOT INTO MED!!!!!!!!! Was setting myself up for disappointment having seen the boundaries, so I really can't believe it!

If I was looking for reasons to be annoyed, I got a C in the Bio ISA which meant I was 1 mark off A*! Do I care? Not in the slightest!

CONGRATULATIONS! :awesome :woo: :party: :woo:
Original post by OriginalLifelin
My UCAS hasn't updated for some reason not confirmed or anything. What does this mean ?

See the first post of this thread.

Get your results and get on the phone
Original post by Tskadem
Durham is undecided for me, so assuming I need to call with my grades. However, my school doesn't open until 10:00, will they have given the place away by then?

They won't give your place away - no clearing places get through officially until after 3pm

Original post by lolkenneth12
would you guy prefer a resiit of year 13 or a transter in yr 2 ?

Transfers are risky - don't rely on switching universities.
How hard is it to change courses once your at your uni? My friend wants to go to SOAS but they are full for law apparently. She is thinking of doing social anthropology and seeing if she could change...but that's risky incase you can't change.
Not one of my mates has got into their firm choice, I'm not even happy for myself right now - gutted for them
Original post by robins620

Congratulations!
the uni hasnt rejected me yet but i didnt get the grades. do i call them through clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest