The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Getting into UEA via clearing

My firm choice is Kent university but since then I've decided I'd prefer to go to UEA to do History and Politics. Does anyone have any experience with how lenient UEA can be with clearing grades because if I get into Kent and ask them to release me on results day I'd be taking quite a big risk. Kent's offer is BBB but UEA asks for AAB for the same course.
Original post by secretgoldfish_
My firm choice is Kent university but since then I've decided I'd prefer to go to UEA to do History and Politics. Does anyone have any experience with how lenient UEA can be with clearing grades because if I get into Kent and ask them to release me on results day I'd be taking quite a big risk. Kent's offer is BBB but UEA asks for AAB for the same course.

Peoples previous experiences don't necessarily help you as things change year on year. What you need to do is email or call admisisons and ask if they would possibly consider BBB.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by jelly1000
Peoples previous experiences don't necessarily help you as things change year on year. What you need to do is email or call admisisons and ask if they would possibly consider BBB.

We would encourage ringing 0300 300 7994 today. Our email system will be hugely busy this morning and a telephone response is going to be a lot quicker.

More about clearing and adjustment on our website this morning - uea.co/sEUoky
Reply 3
Hi, what is happening as I have not recieved any updates from UCAS track informing me of getting accepted. though I am confused that do UEA have my results of my GCSE Maths Resit results already or do I have to wait til next week?
Original post by Lily223
Hi, what is happening as I have not recieved any updates from UCAS track informing me of getting accepted. though I am confused that do UEA have my results of my GCSE Maths Resit results already or do I have to wait til next week?

Unfortunately if they need that result to make their decision, then you're going to have to wait till next Thursday to find out!
I got a place through clearing this morning for geography but have not had an email confirmation yet, should i be worried guys :frown:?
Original post by Meganbeth_
I got a place through clearing this morning for geography but have not had an email confirmation yet, should i be worried guys :frown:?

It should be fine, if it doesn't update during the course of the morning then just ring them up again. I got my offer about 3pm yesterday and mine still hasn't updated either but they told me to ring if it isn't there by this afternoon :smile:
Original post by Meganbeth_

No need to worry - it can take 24-48 hours. But don't stress, if you want to talk to someone about it you can call 0300 300 7994.
I am an offer holder at the University of Leeds for Petroleum Engineering, but I want to go to UEA to do Energy Engineering ( Did not apply to UEA at all). I have my results, I have exceeded Leeds requirements ( I think I can go through adjustment). The tracker still has not updated yet but can I still change my uni choice?
Original post by hearthstone
I am an offer holder at the University of Leeds for Petroleum Engineering, but I want to go to UEA to do Energy Engineering ( Did not apply to UEA at all). I have my results, I have exceeded Leeds requirements ( I think I can go through adjustment). The tracker still has not updated yet but can I still change my uni choice?

Hello, drop us a call on 0300 300 7994 before 6pm and we can talk further :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending