The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations to everyone on the results they got. :smile:
Original post by 1004v
The option for Adjustment shows, and I assume that means I've exceeded it? I've seen a few screenshots where people haven't had the Adjustment button show up next to their confirmation.

Congrats! :biggrin:

EVERYONE who gets in to their firm has the option for adjustment on Track.

It doesn't mean you've exceeded your offer (if you adjusted it is up to your universities to check you're eligible)
Got into my first choice at York despite being two grades off, ABB. I did end up with an A in every module apart from two which could have helped maybe? I have half a mind to blame my teachers as there were parts of the history course that we were simply never taught that ended up being on the exam and my English teacher spent half a year looking at obscure poetry which was incredibly unlikely to come up on the exam.

I did end up with an A in an exam I didn't finish which I was surprised and amused at.
Original post by robins620
Thank-you, just relieved really as I was sure I had blown it with Chemistry! Reading your posts on the Cardiff page really helped me this year, just a shame I won't get to go there as I would have firmed it, loved the place.

Dont worry about it!

And no matter what your going to be going to med school so it doesnt matter!
Original post by Nirgilis
Do you have the option to go and speak to your teachers?

I self studied Biology, however, I am thinking of remarking one of the papers because I believe I got higher
Original post by PQ
http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-support/for-students/results-day
There's nothing there for a circle - have you spoken to your school/teachers? It could be something they added.

Call them up on their admissions/clearing hotline and find out when you will get a decision.

Yeah, they sent my application to the course director who will review my application and my track will update later. Fingers crossed..
I'm so ecstatic!!! Got into Manchester uni!!! Which was insurance now waiting for my firm which had lower requirements so happy!
I met my offer for my firm, but say I changed my mind and I want to do a gap year how do I go about doing this?
Do I contact my uni, or can I just withdraw my ucas application??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Missed my offer for Southampton by one grade -.- can't believe they didn't let me in
My UCAS track says that my insurance has rejected me (science foundation CCC) but i havent got an update for firm??does this mean i've been rejected?
Original post by Pyslocke
Didn't get into anything. Can't remember the last time I wasn't disappointed with an outcome in my life. Oh well, **** this world
Computer Science yes?Have you got your grades yet? There's a lot of really good places in clearing for CompSci or for similar Computer & management/project management type courses...or plenty of other routes into CS work without a degree.
Original post by Nirgilis
CONGRATULATIONS! :awesome :woo: :party: :woo:

Thank you so much!
Original post by PlayerBB
I self studied Biology, however, I am thinking of remarking one of the papers because I believe I got higher

Good idea :smile:

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I'm so ecstatic!!! Got into Manchester uni!!! Which was insurance now waiting for my firm which had lower requirements so happy!

Congratulations! :h:

Original post by DDan123
I met my offer for my firm, but say I changed my mind and I want to do a gap year how do I go about doing this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure you can just withdraw, but you would need to re-apply. Do you want to defer your place? :smile:

Original post by Nahimjustaworm
Missed my offer for Southampton by one grade -.- can't believe they didn't let me in

:console: . Did you meet your insurance?
you can just withdraw your ucas application
Original post by DDan123

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingOfEnthalpy
My UCAS track says that my insurance has rejected me (science foundation CCC) but i havent got an update for firm??does this mean i've been rejected?

Give your firm a call and find out what's going on with your firm.
Original post by DDan123

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had this last year for Durham as I wanted to take a gap year & reapply for a different course/uni. What I did was withdraw my UCAS application and student finance applications, then I phoned Durham to let them know that's what I had done.

HOWEVER. if you still want to do that course at that uni, but just to defer a year, it's definitely worth phoning them first to see if they could defer your place for next year's entry!

Good luck!
Original post by Nahimjustaworm

:frown:

They've got a new VC who's super strict on grades

Original post by KingOfEnthalpy

It means they either haven't decided or haven't told UCAS yet, They might want to make you an offer for a different course - ring your firm once you have your grades.
Original post by KythingToWrite
Guys anyone on here know how long I should have to wait to get my CAS letter? Will the uni send it in automatically or do I have to call them up or something?

You have to contact them - at least that's what I did. It's safe to assume that it will take a couple of weeks as they will be producing a large volume of CAS statements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call your uni - I'd wait until this afternoon if I were you
Very happy right now

Quick Reply

Latest