The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirgilis
Definitely. Have a look at the UCAS website for courses around the BCC grade boundaries :yep: . Unless you're willing to resit or retake the year?

I don't really know what to do... My dream was UAL, but it is gone now probably... As I don't know how uni will react, if they will see these two marks (new spec) and what the teachers can predict... I am so freaked out, as I am international student as well.
Original post by Arusya
I missed my offer by 2 grades (King's medicine) but my offer's still conditional. I called them up and they told me they'll tell me their decision tomorrow at the earliest. That means i can't go through clearing at the moment, but i'm afraid all the good places will be gone by that time. Is there anything i can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only thing you can do is wait, and hope they accept you, or ask them to reject you today so that you can go through Clearing :sadnod: . It is the worst situation to be in, and I'm sorry :console:
Original post by CardiffKate
Phone lines get very busy from now until lunch. Keep trying! Don't give up until you've got something.

Are you ringing for Clearing or to confirm a place?

Clearing, I got through the first admissions service but now I'm just on hold I think, the phone is continuously ringing
Original post by Roubass
I don't really know what to do... My dream was UAL, but it is gone now probably... As I don't know how uni will react, if they will see these two marks (new spec) and what the teachers can predict... I am so freaked out, as I am international student as well.

Can you talk to someone at your school?
Original post by claireestelle
If you've gone through ucas, you wouldnt get a cas i d have thought, could be wrong though.

Original post by PQ
Contact the international office at your university - they wont be so swamped as the clearing lines and they'll know how it works for that uni and how long you can expect to wait :yes:

[congratulations!]

Thank you!
Original post by lnux
Earlier this year my firm said I have to achieve certain grades on my current education, I just phoned them up this morning when I found out that they have rejected me and they said they rejected me because I didn't do full GCSEs 4 years ago.

Oh well.... 😒

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That sucks

Have you spotted any other options in clearing?

If you've gone through ucas, you wouldnt get a cas i d have thought, could be wrong though.

A CAS is a visa related thing - all students who need a visa get issued a CAS once their offer becomes unconditional. They can then use this CAS to apply for a Tier 4 visa (and visas take time which is why it's so important they're issues quickly).

CASs are issued via the UKVI systems.
Good luck to everyone in yr 13 getting their results and uni places, got my 4 A's as AS level, thank God! Looking forward to year 13 :smile:
Original post by Ayman!
thanks bruh! how'd you do?

A*aaa :woo:
Original post by Nirgilis
Can you talk to someone at your school?

Hopefully, I called them and my tutor will ring me back, as soon as he gets in his office...
Original post by Arusya
I missed my offer by 2 grades (King's medicine) but my offer's still conditional. I called them up and they told me they'll tell me their decision tomorrow at the earliest. That means i can't go through clearing at the moment, but i'm afraid all the good places will be gone by that time. Is there anything i can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's quite rubbish of them.*
Original post by PQ

A CAS is a visa related thing - all students who need a visa get issued a CAS once their offer becomes unconditional. They can then use this CAS to apply for a Tier 4 visa (and visas take time which is why it's so important they're issues quickly).

CASs are issued via the UKVI systems.

Thank you:smile: I've never needed to know about visas before, you learn something new everyday :smile:
Original post by Imperion
A*aaa :woo:

congrats m8, where are you going?
Original post by Roubass
Hopefully, I called them and my tutor will ring me back, as soon as he gets in his office...

Good :smile: . Let me know how it goes when you make the call!

Original post by PQ
Contact the international office at your university - they wont be so swamped as the clearing lines and they'll know how it works for that uni and how long you can expect to wait :yes:

[congratulations!]

thank you!
Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭
A*A*A*A

Stunned :woo:
A*A*A* + A at AS! Med school ahoy! So overwhelmed. :biggrin:
ABC and into my firm! Couldn't be happier :-)
Original post by Arusya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assuming you've got ABB or higher and are looking for something biology related - the best places wont go in clearing.

In your situation it's worth waiting for an answer from KCL. Make sure to get names and job titles when you speak to them on the phone (you'll get better answers and less fobbing off) and phone them regularly.

Original post by Roubass

What subject were you hoping for at UAL? most UAL courses will recommend a foundation diploma before you apply for the degree anyway so your A levels are a lot less important than your portfolio/show reel.
Original post by Lularose83
Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭

I'm sorry :frown: GEM is still an option!

Quick Reply

Latest