The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elen90
Durham: "You'll find out by Wednesday at the latest."

Oh gee, thanks. Seems a tad unfair to keep us in suspense for so long.

Thats great, I wonder what is taking so long, they've had the results since the weekend? Do they give out more offers than other uni's?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471512236.608015.jpg over the moon, physics is linear and IT is only coursework!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gorillion
SSS?

Nearly, got S 1 S in STEP I, II and III. And somehow got 5A*'s and 1A at A2.
Where do we find the numbers to ring unis?
I got ABC last year, was predicted ABB and got A*AA!!!! So happy! Thought I was going to fail history entirely !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8665
Should I remark if I need 4 raw marks for the next grade? This is for AS
Original post by Nirgilis
What were you predicted? :smile:

Its AS edx result
I was hoping for ABCC
Original post by PQ
:party:

congratulations!

If it helped you get through the stress of waiting then it was worth it :yes:

Definitely as it gave me a distraction :smile:
Original post by PQ
Don't worry too much for now.

Keep ringing.

If Goldsmiths is still your favourite option this afternoon and you want to take up the place there then ring up again, ask to speak to someone senior and explain that you were made a clearing offer but are actually in adjustment so you need them to take your application out of adjustment so you can take up the offer.

Thanks to you and the other for answering. Just to clarify, I have registered for the Adjustment, and Westminster sent me an email which I replied to accepting, before realise I should seek alternatives and then got the offer from Gold, which was annoyingly a Clearing one.

I haven't done anything in UCAS besides register for Adjustment.
Just in case that changes anything.Thanks a lot.
269/300 is the highest possible A in further maths haha
Original post by CardiffKate
Congratulations! If you have been accepted on Track then don't worry, you're in.
If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, drop them a call just to confirm. Which uni are you off to?

Manchester to do Chemistry
Original post by Bloom <3
Its AS edx result
I was hoping for ABCC

Then I think you've done very well :smile: .
Original post by korrin
Where do we find the numbers to ring unis?

Look online. They will all have dedicated Clearing and Adjustment phone numbers on their websites.
Good luck!
Reply 8673
Original post by PQ
I'd definitely suggest ringing them up this afternoon and asking to speak to someone senior - it's very unusual to reject a transfer because of GCSE grades (especially if you've got Eng/Maths at C+ and BTEC equivalents)...it could be that someone somewhere has messed up because they don't understand BTECs.

Thanks PQ..

Could it be because I took my GCSEs and BTEC from separate institution?

I've been passed around 2-3 times on the phone earlier, so I think I've spoken to somewhat senior admission??..

I don't know If i'd have the courage to do that again.. I feel kinda discouraged to speak to anyone now, I can't even compose myself as to what to say and how I am going to say it. It'd be like rubbing a salt to a wound.. It's devastating to get rejected over and over again,
Original post by Nirgilis
Then I think you've done very well :smile: .

Really?
I only want 4 ums to score a B in math
Shd i send for a recheck?
Original post by jeeamf
Manchester to do Chemistry

Awesome! I think you're going to have a great time there.
So shocked flopped english which i killed myself over for a year and got a c in the exam but full marks on my coursework brought it up to an A. A* in economics which i put 0 effort and crammed the night before and got 100ums in econ 3 which i despissssssed. I'm happy I've got my A*Aa for lse though so relieved !
Original post by Polyrogue
Thanks to you and the other for answering. Just to clarify, I have registered for the Adjustment, and Westminster sent me an email which I replied to accepting, before realise I should seek alternatives and then got the offer from Gold, which was annoyingly a Clearing one.

I haven't done anything in UCAS besides register for Adjustment.
Just in case that changes anything.Thanks a lot.

Ahhh

In that case you might find that you've been accepted onto Westminster as your new UF through adjustment when track next updates.

That's ok - like I say keep looking, watch track. If you end up UF with westminster but want to go elsewhere then call up westminster again and explain that you misunderstood and have changed your mind. They'll either be able to put you back into adjustment (can be tricky) or put you straight into clearing.

In reality both routes are pretty interchangable....it's just a way to go to a different university. As long as you make it clear what you want to happen let the universities worry about the practicalities of getting it done.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Congrats! Nottingham is amaaaaazing. You'll love it there.

Thanks, I can't wait to start!
Original post by Bloom <3
Really?
I only want 4 ums to score a B in math
Shd i send for a recheck?

You would need to chat with your teachers about that. They may rather you just took the A2 exams next year and hope you made the marks up then :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest