The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Effie14
Okay, freaking out now. My backup was unconditional no matter what, and I got Bournemouth to release me so I could be accepted there, but now it says declined and I can't get hold of the university! Ahhh!

That's because a release sends you into clearing.

Your insurance should be able to pick you back up from clearing. Which university is it?
Original post by Nirgilis
Congratulations! :awesome: . Are you looking forward to it? :smile:

Yeah so much! I've wanted to go there since pre-GCSE so it's four years of work paying off! So happy!
Got AAA which is what Birmingham wanted. Of course I'm pleased but would have liked an A* in something.
Oh well.
Original post by Nirgilis
If it's AS, then yes. If it's A2 and you've met your offer, then no. If you've missed your offer, then yes.

Yayyy! :biggrin:

Have you considered adjustment? :smile:

I've slightly considered it!!
I really want to live in Bristol for University, and I've been given my offer from UWE to do Real Estate Management! I want to do property development as a career and I've looked at some of Bristol University's courses but I don't know any that would be relevant to property development :frown: I might just stick with UWE
Original post by jxnnywilsxn
I was predicted BCC and managed to get AAB! I'm ecstatic!! However, I only needed to get CCC for my firm university choice and now I don't know what to do :frown: I'm going travelling in two hours to make it more stressful

You're eligible to use adjustment if you want to give it a go :smile: I would recommend living on campus as a 2 hour travel sounds a bit much.
Original post by mgill17
Yeah so much! I've wanted to go there since pre-GCSE so it's four years of work paying off! So happy!

Good. Well done :biggrin: . Enjoy your day :smile:
Original post by ryanroks1
So happy with A*A*A, especially an A* in maths. In year 12, I got an E in the mock and was placed on intervention - absolutely mad!

holy crap that's amazing! Especially maths! Congrats, you've clearly worked hard haha!
Original post by Conal551
It just says all call administrators are busy please call back later and hangs up :frown:

which university?
Original post by Reda2
Yes firm is qmul, and my insurance is now unconditional, and the offer from qmul. Can you please explain what happens before 3? Is that a deadline for something or what? I need to accept my qmul offer before that only?

At 3pm track will have full functionality so you can accept or decline a changed course offer through track. Before then you can only do it by calling UCAS.

Do you WANT to take up the foundation year with QMUL or would you rather go to your insurance?
Reply 8768
Missed out on an A* in maths by a single mark. :sad:
Original post by ImTooSmart
5A*'s and an A at A2. S 1 S in STEP I, II & III respectively. Someone on TSR can you beat that legitimately?

Your username says it all! :facepalm::five:

Safe to say your results are outstanding... pretty sure people will have a hard time beating that! Congratulations!

where are you off to in september?
Original post by claireestelle
You're eligible to use adjustment if you want to give it a go :smile: I would recommend living on campus as a 2 hour travel sounds a bit much.

Sorry I meant that I'm travelling to Scotland in two hours which means I'll find today stressful as I won't be at home to sort everything out! :biggrin: I've emailed Bristol University but they haven't replied yet.
I knew AQA chemistry would **** me up, I knew it!!!
Called Warwick and they said if I wanted to apply through clearing I would have to release myself, and then call but he said the offer for clearing was AAB, the actuall offer is ABB and o got ABC, I don't want to go to my insurance but I don't want to be uni less, advice please????
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cookiemonster15
I assure you, if it's just one mark off, you won't go down a whole grade!

Hmm :/ the grade boundaries are mega close though. I could only afford to lose 4 raw marks and then I would drop a grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CardiffKate
Just to clarify, you applied to your chosen course entering in Year 1 and this morning, based on your results, your firmed university has accepted you on the foundation year without discussing it with you?

Best bet is to ring up and find out why they have done that. If you do choose to change course/university, the option to add a Clearing choice will not show on UCAS until 3pm today, so don't stress. Take the time to think about your decision and call around.

If your firm university have offered you a place on their foundation course, it is likely your results will allow you to go through Clearing and find a different university that will take you on as a Year 1 student.

Thank you for your amazing reply. Yes they changed my firm which was conditional now to unconditional for foundation year without telling me anything. My insurance is now unconditional, im happy to go into that BUT i need to try for qmul, i want to get into it.

Right now im on my way to my grades, once i get them Im planning to write an email, and then call since i have lots to say because im not a normal student I have lots lots of relavant experience relating to the course, I want them to read my personal statement again. What is the best way to do that? And can i do this after 3? Contact them, or I need to contact qmul before 3, whats up with 3 oclock?
Original post by cookiemonster15
I knew AQA chemistry would **** me up, I knew it!!!

Hope its not gone to badly x
Original post by jeeamf
Manchester to do Chemistry

I'm going to UOM too and haven't heard directly from them yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
Missed out on an A* in maths by a single mark. :sad:

get a priority remark, worth a try if its a singular mark :smile:
I GOT INTO UNI! :rofl: :ymca: :dancing2:
Original post by PQ
which university?

At 3pm track will have full functionality so you can accept or decline a changed course offer through track. Before then you can only do it by calling UCAS.

Do you WANT to take up the foundation year with QMUL or would you rather go to your insurance?

Im not doing the foundation year, im happy with my insurance, BUT i want to tro to get in to qmul for my original course. I want them to read my personal statement again, im not a normal student, I have lots of relating experience to the course...

Quick Reply

Latest