The Student Room Group

Anti-Results Day: don't give a damn about Results? Come in here...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PugDevil
Eat :tongue: I normally have Cheerios but as I'm a poor student, I cannot justify spending £3 on Cheerios :colone:

The cheap ones in Lidl are just as nice.
Yeah I get what you mean - that is the unfortunate part of results day! I think it is such a big build up that it creates a lot of anxiety! But anyway, lets move away from Results Day :wink:

How's your day been so far?

Haha yup!

So far, I've woken up at 6 to a sore throat and earache, before realising I'd forgotten to iron a shirt last night, to being in work seeing masses of complaining about results day, waiting for the comments from my granny saying how amazing my cousin did at her ASs... joy of joys! How about you???
Original post by Tiger Rag

One does not simply downgrade to Lidl cheerios!
Reply 23

I'm a poor and lazy student :colone: Lidl is like 30 mins away from me, Sainsburys is 10 :colondollar:
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Went in very stressed and expecting BBC, thought I was going to have a panic attack when I was opening the envelope.....AAB with one of the As in my weakest subject.....how the **** did that happen:eek:

@PugDevil The epitome of why I hate ****ing results day...
I think TSR should add an option for us to block anything which has 'A levels' or 'results' or 'results day' in and to automatically ignore anyone with a C&A Advisor title as all their posts today will just piss me off!
Reply 26
Original post by mobbsy91
Haha yup!

So far, I've woken up at 6 to a sore throat and earache, before realising I'd forgotten to iron a shirt last night, to being in work seeing masses of complaining about results day, waiting for the comments from my granny saying how amazing my cousin did at her ASs... joy of joys! How about you???

Ah damn, that's not good! Where do you work? Ironing shirts is overrated :colone:

:lol: Love the comment about your granny! But it sounds like you've had a tough day and it's only 10.40 :biggrin: I hope it gets better for you!

Mine has been similar-ish! Woke up at 6 to come in for 7.30 and here at TSR it has been quite manic getting everything in place and helping all the Results Day students out - plenty of tea for me (Because coffee tastes like death)
Reply 27

:lol: I'm sorry that did make me laugh :colondollar: I understand exactly how you mean - especially as I didn't even write about mine on Facebook when I got my results - but let them have their five mins of happiness until they endure three years of student debt :wink: You're safe in here!
Ah damn, that's not good! Where do you work? Ironing shirts is overrated :colone:

:lol: Love the comment about your granny! But it sounds like you've had a tough day and it's only 10.40 :biggrin: I hope it gets better for you!

Mine has been similar-ish! Woke up at 6 to come in for 7.30 and here at TSR it has been quite manic getting everything in place and helping all the Results Day students out - plenty of tea for me (Because coffee tastes like death)

No :no: Work in London, so it's a bit of a commute unfortunately, hence earlyish start... And yeh it is, but I look like **** if I don't :biggrin:

I know!!! Gonna be happy after 2-3 days when only the residual are talking about it! Beer will be my friend later, so I'm sure it will haha!

Fun fun xD Gotta be the coffee though!!!
:lol: I'm sorry that did make me laugh :colondollar: I understand exactly how you mean - especially as I didn't even write about mine on Facebook when I got my results - but let them have their five mins of happiness until they endure three years of student debt :wink: You're safe in here!

I'm just going to inhabit this thread until it's all over!! I need my safe space!! And I know haha, soon they'll be complaining about fresher's flu - or for those who don't get in through clearing, they won't be :colone:
Reply 30
I'm just going to inhabit this thread until it's all over!! I need my safe space!! And I know haha, soon they'll be complaining about fresher's flu - or for those who don't get in through clearing, they won't be :colone:

That was my face when I read that :lol: I think any students should stay away from this thread or risk the wrath of Mobbsy :tongue:

In my defence mate, the previous post was this:
Go on then, might as well get it out of the way...Everyone who got results post your straight As and stuff and feel egotistical for a few minutes before getting on with your life...!

That was my face when I read that :lol: I think any students should stay away from this thread or risk the wrath of Mobbsy :tongue:

Haha, well ya know, just the honest truth :biggrin: No point sugar coating it for those who did get DDD and can't find a place :colone:
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
In my defence mate, the previous post was this:

Haha yup - was gonna happen anyway :biggrin:
I think TSR should add an option for us to block anything which has 'A levels' or 'results' or 'results day' in and to automatically ignore anyone with a C&A Advisor title as all their posts today will just piss me off!

Just avoid it? You're not forced to read anything.
My GCSEs results are next week so it's just a regular Thursday for me :smile:
Just avoid it? You're not forced to read anything.

Of course, like, I don't go into the threads, but it's more like the latest posts and stuff like that where it's unavoidable to just see all the people posting, not necessarily the actual posts... But then when someone posts on a non-results thread about it, it can get annoying... And it's not just on TSR, but like on social media etc..
x

m8 I worked hard on that pun and I prayed so hard last night to the holy lord cheesus crust that I actually passed my AS'
but as this thread is not about that
Favourite Dominoes pizza - go! :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
m8 I worked hard on that pun and I prayed so hard last night to the holy lord cheesus crust that I actually passed my AS'
but as this thread is not about that
Favourite Dominoes pizza - go! :wink:

:lol: I was trying to bait you into commenting on this thread - I need your influence and support m8

Has to be Meateor! What's the most you've eaten? I've had 16 slices (or whatever the max is) in one night! Ate so much I felt like

Spoiler

:lol: I was trying to bait you into commenting on this thread - I need your influence and support m8
Has to be Meateor! What's the most you've eaten? I've had 16 slices (or whatever the max is) in one night! Ate so much I felt like

Spoiler

lol anytime m80
we got dis :mwuaha:
not that much lol, i usually get a large then leave 2 peices to eat cold tomorra for lunchies :mmm:
I like the chicken feat one, has everything i like on it: sweetcorn, chicken, mushrooms = :heart:
luvin the gif m8 :five:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest