The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jxnnywilsxn
Sorry I meant that I'm travelling to Scotland in two hours which means I'll find today stressful as I won't be at home to sort everything out! :biggrin: I've emailed Bristol University but they haven't replied yet.

Oh i see, have you go a phone to call them ?:smile:
Original post by Vannzzoo
Called Warwick and they said if I wanted to apply through clearing I would have to release myself, and then call but he said the offer for clearing was AAB, the actuall offer is ABB and o got ABC, I don't want to go to my insurance but I don't want to be uni less, advice please????

That sounds really confusing.

When you call universities always ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to - and if they make any promises or aren't very clear then ask if they can send you details in writing by email.

Original post by Reda2
Thank you for your amazing reply. Yes they changed my firm which was conditional now to unconditional for foundation year without telling me anything. My insurance is now unconditional, im happy to go into that BUT i need to try for qmul, i want to get into it.

Right now im on my way to my grades, once i get them Im planning to write an email, and then call since i have lots to say because im not a normal student I have lots lots of relavant experience relating to the course, I want them to read my personal statement again. What is the best way to do that? And can i do this after 3? Contact them, or I need to contact qmul before 3, whats up with 3 oclock?

Your PS will have been reread before making the changed course offer.
Called Warwick and they said if I wanted to apply through clearing I would have to release myself, and then call but he said the offer for clearing was AAB, the actuall offer is ABB and o got ABC, I don't want to go to my insurance but I don't want to be uni less, advice please????

Well if you dont want to go to your insurance then go into clearing i m afraid there's no other option really.
Original post by QueenBee98
I GOT INTO UNI! :rofl: :ymca: :dancing2:

Congratulations :smile:

Original post by Reda2
Im not doing the foundation year, im happy with my insurance, BUT i want to tro to get in to qmul for my original course. I want them to read my personal statement again, im not a normal student, I have lots of relating experience to the course...

They may have read it again when deciding to other you a course change, sorry.
Got A B U, pretty *****y results but what can you do; this is AS btw
I got BBB yet the requirements were AAA but got in so a bit confused but I'll take it lol
Original post by Reda2
Im not doing the foundation year, im happy with my insurance, BUT i want to tro to get in to qmul for my original course. I want them to read my personal statement again, im not a normal student, I have lots of relating experience to the course...

Like I said above - they'll already have reread it.

Get your grades and ring them if you like...but don't expect them to change their mind. They've had your grades since friday night and have made you the offer of a foundation instead. If you don't want that (and they wont change it when you phone them - don't email) then after 3pm you'll be able to decline the changed course offer and go to your insurance instead.
Reply 8787
Original post by claireestelle
get a priority remark, worth a try if its a singular mark :smile:

I still got into uni and I'd rather not risk it dropping a lot (doubt it would though) and it would essentially be something to feed my ego so I don't really mind. I mean I can live with it and after uni it won't mean much because my degree will be considered more highly so I don't think it's worth it.
Yo guys,
I received my clearing offer in little under an hour after i called (gg me)

Anyone know when the big ol' "Add Clearing choice" button appears? I don't see one yet.
Original post by Randomer189
I got BBB yet the requirements were AAA but got in so a bit confused but I'll take it lol

It's very very common :yes:
Original post by QueenBee98
I GOT INTO UNI! :rofl: :ymca: :dancing2:

Woohoo! Well done :biggrin:
Original post by on_martin
Yo guys,

Anyone know when the big ol' "Add Clearing choice" button appears? I don't see one yet.

3 :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
Well if you dont want to go to your insurance then go into clearing i m afraid there's no other option really.

Sighh I'm scared to release myself
Original post by Aph
I still got into uni and I'd rather not risk it dropping a lot (doubt it would though) and it would essentially be something to feed my ego so I don't really mind. I mean I can live with it and after uni it won't mean much because my degree will be considered more highly so I don't think it's worth it.

Tempted to resit one module to bump it up?
Original post by on_martin
Yo guys,

Don't stop at one offer.

You should be trying to get between 3 and 10 clearing offers before picking your favourite.

You can refer yourself on track after 3pm
Original post by Aph

It's incredibly unlikely you drop a whole grade but it's your choice :smile:
Original post by Randomer189

Don't question it; if they've accepted you on UCAS it's official! Congratulations :biggrin:
I managed ACC and still got into my first choice of Cardiff where I'll be studying Eng Lit. I feel like I've got away with it. This is how it must feel to be Big Sam.
Sighh I'm scared to release myself

what subject are you hoping to study?

There's more than just warwick in clearing
So happy with my results, A*A*A! Much better than I even expected :biggrin:
Original post by Reda2
Thank you for your amazing reply. Yes they changed my firm which was conditional now to unconditional for foundation year without telling me anything. My insurance is now unconditional, im happy to go into that BUT i need to try for qmul, i want to get into it.

Right now im on my way to my grades, once i get them Im planning to write an email, and then call since i have lots to say because im not a normal student I have lots lots of relavant experience relating to the course, I want them to read my personal statement again. What is the best way to do that? And can i do this after 3? Contact them, or I need to contact qmul before 3, whats up with 3 oclock?

You're welcome! I would advise you to call as soon as possible once you've got your grades and have all your reasons in order. Emails may get a sluggish response as unis are VERY busy at the moment. I take is qmul is your first choice?

Clearing is open for several days, so don't worry, but popular courses/unis will fill up faster. 3pm is not a deadline, but you cannot select a Clearing choice on UCAS Track until that time. You can and should, however start ringing around qmul (and others if necessary) before that time. Here is a useful set of guidelines that might help you. There is a list of UCAS timings at the bottom of the article.

Best of luck! I'm here all day.

Quick Reply

Latest