The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
what subject are you hoping to study?

There's more than just warwick in clearing

Biochem & I know but that was my firm, I only missed it by grade! 😭
Original post by claireestelle
A week seems incredibly cruel, have you considered whether you'd be happier taking a gap year?

I have called some places in Clearing for another course (neuroscience) and I told them my situation. Southampton said they were happy to take me but obviously I need to wait for my firm to make a choice now.

I'm thinking of waiting it out and maybe taking a gap year, it's not my preferred route choice but I guess the fact that they are even considering me gives me some hope..
Original post by Nirgilis
Well done! :woo: :party: :woo:

Thank you - I'm so relieved! :wink:
Original post by janetjonesss
Got into medicine with a B in chemistry and A* and A in other subjects, so so happy!!!

Congrats! Where are you off to?
Original post by QueenBee98
Thank you - I'm so relieved! :wink:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! :awesome: . Get lots of ice cream :colone:
Original post by janetjonesss
Got into medicine with a B in chemistry and A* and A in other subjects, so so happy!!!

Congrats!! I'm still waiting on my med place since I missed a grade.
Original post by cookiemonster15
I have called some places in Clearing for another course (neuroscience) and I told them my situation. Southampton said they were happy to take me but obviously I need to wait for my firm to make a choice now.

I'm thinking of waiting it out and maybe taking a gap year, it's not my preferred route choice but I guess the fact that they are even considering me gives me some hope..

As long as you are happy with a gap year then waiting it out could be worth it for medicine.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Congrats! Where are you off to?

Bristol! I had a lower offer of aab but still needed a A in chemistry so quite shocked haha
Original post by Astudent24
What was the a in? An U?

A in English literature and a U in biology... Lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by on_martin
Appreciate the advice, however funny story. The uni i got the clearing offer from was going to be my original firm choice, however they rejected me after the interview, so i firmed another uni.

Couple months ago i had a change of mind and decided i wanted to do chemistry, which is what i applied and got the offer for just now. So actually this is basically my golden opportunity, it was one hell of a gamble relying on clearing but it worked. Im happy.

:awesome:
Oh well in that case you're all set.

You can add a clearing choice before 3pm by phoning UCAS (if you want to get it locked in ASAP)

Then you just need to sort out accommodation and update your finance stuff :yes:

Original post by Vannzzoo
Biochem & I know but that was my firm, I only missed it by grade! 😭

Are you still conditional on Track?
Congrats!! I'm still waiting on my med place since I missed a grade.

Good luck!! Didn't expect to get in with those grades so you never know !!
Original post by CardiffKate
You're welcome! I would advise you to call as soon as possible once you've got your grades and have all your reasons in order. Emails may get a sluggish response as unis are VERY busy at the moment. I take is qmul is your first choice?

Clearing is open for several days, so don't worry, but popular courses/unis will fill up faster. 3pm is not a deadline, but you cannot select a Clearing choice on UCAS Track until that time. You can and should, however start ringing around qmul (and others if necessary) before that time. Here is a useful set of guidelines that might help you. There is a list of UCAS timings at the bottom of the article.

Best of luck! I'm here all day.

Ok, I will get my grades, relax, be me again and find my reasons, and I will double check with you before I call. Thank you very much!
Original post by PQ
That's because a release sends you into clearing.

Your insurance should be able to pick you back up from clearing. Which university is it?

It's York St. John. They've asked me to email them, but your reply gives me some hope. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Nirgilis
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! :awesome: . Get lots of ice cream :colone:

Thank you! :biggrin: You too! Oohhh yes that sounds nice :rofl:
I got a B but I needed an A. The uni haven't made up their mind yet and when they called they said it can take a week so I'm just really hoping that they let me in since I only dropped one grade, that being said, it is Medicine though, so we'll see..

Ive got my fingers crossed for you!
i got BCE and my course needs BBC, my track has not updated so i rang the uni and they said according to their system it was still pending and i will have to check later tonight or tomarrow, is that a good sign ??
Does anyone have any tips on how to drastically improve AS grades during Year 13? I would like to improve my Biology and Chemistry results from a D and an E to at least Bs ideally! :/Thanks
Original post by Effie14
It's York St. John. They've asked me to email them, but your reply gives me some hope. Thanks :smile:

Yeah don't panic

If they say they're happy then add them on Track at 3pm (or phone UCAS if you get the ok from York St John before then)
I got A*A*AA in maths, biology, chemistry and physics respectively. I got into my firm, even though they wanted an A* in chemistry and maths not biology. I was 2 marks away from an A* (one on each paper) in chemistry. Would getting a remark be pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MiracleLeaf
Does anyone have any tips on how to drastically improve AS grades during Year 13? I would like to improve my Biology and Chemistry results from a D and an E to at least Bs ideally! :/Thanks

Hard work and knowing the spec inside out. Practice, wider reading and complete honesty with your teacher about any gaps in your knowledge.

Original post by Conal551
i got BCE and my course needs BBC, my track has not updated so i rang the uni and they said according to their system it was still pending and i will have to check later tonight or tomarrow, is that a good sign ??

Call and push them so you know what situation you're in. Not really fair for them to leave you waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest