The Student Room Group

Anniversary gift

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ckfeister
LDR expert ^

I'm in LDR... I'm not going to say here because someone will peek on here and read but I do something for 6 months; 1 year; 2 years if you private message me I might have some ideas (warning: I'm hopeless romantic but realistic)

Original post by ckfeister
LDR expert ^

I'm in LDR... I'm not going to say here because someone will peek on here and read but I do something for 6 months; 1 year; 2 years if you private message me I might have some ideas (warning: I'm hopeless romantic but realistic)

Cool, thanks
Original post by Anonymous
It'll almost be my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend soon and I'm not sure what to get him. I brought him a watch on his birthday and thought of getting another one since he's a watch and socks kinda guy. As well as maybe a cake because that's what he likes. The thing is, is that ordinary or does anyone have any other suggestions? (it's my first time being with someone for like a whole year so i'm kinda lost)

what budget as I'm a watchman (currently have 2 Rolexes and have owned pieces from most lower well known swiss brands) so i know what is good and what is not for any budget
Original post by jamesthehustler
what budget as I'm a watchman (currently have 2 Rolexes and have owned pieces from most lower well known swiss brands) so i know what is good and what is not for any budget

My budget would be like 100 max 150 but that is in combination with other things like a card or cake lol.
It'll almost be my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend soon and I'm not sure what to get him. I brought him a watch on his birthday and thought of getting another one since he's a watch and socks kinda guy. As well as maybe a cake because that's what he likes. The thing is, is that ordinary or does anyone have any other suggestions? (it's my first time being with someone for like a whole year so i'm kinda lost)

Im in an LDR during term time and it sucks, but for anniversaries we like to rather than buy eachother expensive gifts, we will go away for the weekend and do something nice together, I prefer in sharing memories rather than just giving gifts, its more special that way.

I think if you want to get him a gift get him a nice keepsake, my boyfriend made me an adorable book full of pictures of us, something like this is a great idea.

Im coming up to my 5 year anniversary, I have no idea what im going to go yet haha!
Original post by Natalierm2707
Im in an LDR during term time and it sucks, but for anniversaries we like to rather than buy eachother expensive gifts, we will go away for the weekend and do something nice together, I prefer in sharing memories rather than just giving gifts, its more special that way.

I think if you want to get him a gift get him a nice keepsake, my boyfriend made me an adorable book full of pictures of us, something like this is a great idea.

Im coming up to my 5 year anniversary, I have no idea what im going to go yet haha!

Aww, I can see that and yeah, I think I can cooperate it into mine since he seems to like my handwritten letters but yeah, i can see how that could be great. But I also want something that he will have and wear often as a memory so when he looks at it, it'll remind him of us and me.

The weekend getaway is probably not the best since it'll be during term time and the busiest time for us. so it may happen but not on the day :biggrin:. But thank you for the suggestion

But wow 5 years, I wish that'll be me hehe. I'm sure you'll find something soon, you probably know him very very well by now.

p.s. what is your secret for a long term relationship?
Aww, I can see that and yeah, I think I can cooperate it into mine since he seems to like my handwritten letters but yeah, i can see how that could be great. But I also want something that he will have and wear often as a memory so when he looks at it, it'll remind him of us and me.

The weekend getaway is probably not the best since it'll be during term time and the busiest time for us. so it may happen but not on the day :biggrin:. But thank you for the suggestion

But wow 5 years, I wish that'll be me hehe. I'm sure you'll find something soon, you probably know him very very well by now.

p.s. what is your secret for a long term relationship?

Im struggling because we are in uni on our anniversary so thats why I have no idea yet. When I get my timetable all will be revealed.

It honestly depends on the relationship, if you are truly right for eachother it will just mesh properly and you will be happy together. You have to both want the same things in life, understand eachother very well, communicate very well and respect eachother. Like I said every relationship is different, we are very close and do most things together when we can, we share all our friends because we got together in school. We do argue, we do have challenges on our relationship but our secret is to calmly sit down and work through it logically together, we dont do anything irrational and sit make sure we are both on the same page.
The key thing as well is you cant force it, compromise is key but dont change yourself out of your comfort zone, just be you and be happy with your partner.

best of luck with your gift giving.
(edited 7 years ago)

Its better to buy experiences than gifts.

E.g. if he has not been to Spain before, you can take him there.
Original post by Natalierm2707
Im struggling because we are in uni on our anniversary so thats why I have no idea yet. When I get my timetable all will be revealed.

It honestly depends on the relationship, if you are truly right for eachother it will just mesh properly and you will be happy together. You have to both want the same things in life, understand eachother very well, communicate very well and respect eachother. Like I said every relationship is different, we are very close and do most things together when we can, we share all our friends because we got together in school. We do argue, we do have challenges on our relationship but our secret is to calmly sit down and work through it logically together, we dont do anything irrational and sit make sure we are both on the same page.
The key thing as well is you cant force it, compromise is key but dont change yourself out of your comfort zone, just be you and be happy with your partner.

best of luck with your gift giving.

:biggrin: that's really reassuring, and I can actually tick stuff off from the list. Just hope it'll be maintained but thank you so much! Awww, got really happy there. And i'm so happy for you too.

And I know what you mean, I haven't got my timetable either it's so unorganised, but i guess they're sorting out the alevel results and first years before they let us know.
My budget would be like 100 max 150 but that is in combination with other things like a card or cake lol.

you could get one of these for just over £100
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LONGINES-GENTS-WATCH-150-/331940658127?hash=item4d49347bcf:g:X9sAAOSwawpXsGxa
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TW-Steel-Pilot-TW409-Watch-/191340053713?hash=item2c8cc184d1:g:u:oAAAOSwZQxW2LMI

i'd say the longines is better on brandside but the tw steel is a solid watch with decent quality

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending