The Student Room Group

I really need some advice (AS results)

I just got my AS results and I'm not completely happy with them. I got CCUU in Sociology, Psychology, Chemistry and Biology. I really want to do Bio and Chem so does anyone recommend redoing the year or resitting the exams. I heard that you can only resit it one yr after you finish the whole course but not sure if it's true. Please give me some advice. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by GreatSuccess24
I just got my AS results and I'm not completely happy with them. I got CCUU in Sociology, Psychology, Chemistry and Biology. I really want to do Bio and Chem so does anyone recommend redoing the year or resitting the exams. I heard that you can only resit it one yr after you finish the whole course but not sure if it's true. Please give me some advice. Thanks!

I think you should ask your college for advice because they'll have better experience. Resits might not help much if the subjects are reformed. And depending on what your intended uni course is, it might be worth considering re doing the year
Original post by naibby
I think you should ask your college for advice because they'll have better experience. Resits might not help much if the subjects are reformed. And depending on what your intended uni course is, it might be worth considering re doing the year

Thanks! I'll see if I can speak to my teachers. I'm also looking at redoing the year as that is the only option I have atm.
Original post by naibby

For those of us doing EDEXCEL, AS levels will be stand alone qualifications starting from September 2015 as well as certain subjects being reformed = which means as long as you pass, there's no point at all to resit, right?
Original post by CaptainJackFail
For those of us doing EDEXCEL, AS levels will be stand alone qualifications starting from September 2015 as well as certain subjects being reformed = which means as long as you pass, there's no point at all to resit, right?

Yeah my a levels are all reformed subjects but since I only passed 2 out of 4 subjects, I've decided to redo the yr instead of retaking the exams next yr. But I agree with the latter that if you pass obviously you don't need to sit resits.
Original post by GreatSuccess24
Yeah my a levels are all reformed subjects but since I only passed 2 out of 4 subjects, I've decided to redo the yr instead of retaking the exams next yr. But I agree with the latter that if you pass obviously you don't need to sit resits.

Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest