The Student Room Group

Should I be disappointed?

I have got the ABB needed for my course, but the subject I'm studying was a B, (graphics) and I got an A in a much more academic subject, History, which annoys me.
I was no more than 14UMS in any subject from being a grade higher and of course I'd have been elated with A*AA, but now with these grades despite getting in I can't help but feel disappointed...
Original post by benwick
I have got the ABB needed for my course, but the subject I'm studying was a B, (graphics) and I got an A in a much more academic subject, History, which annoys me.
I was no more than 14UMS in any subject from being a grade higher and of course I'd have been elated with A*AA, but now with these grades despite getting in I can't help but feel disappointed...

In a week's time you won't be giving it a second thought. Go and celebrate getting in.
Original post by benwick

I know its difficult when you dont meet your expectations but you should still be very proud of those grades:smile:
Original post by benwick

There is a big difference between A-Level style assessment and university assessment, so don't go into uni thinking you are on the back foot, there is nothing to stop you getting top grades in Graphics at uni.*
Your A-levels are like your GCSEs, you won't give them any thought or weighting in a months/years time. They are only a tool to get into university, nothing more nothing less.
Original post by benwick

You should be very proud of those results, you obviously worked very hard.
I would suggest you celebrate all that hard work, and look forward to enrolling on your perfect course.

Well done!
Jack
University of Gloucestershire
Reply 6
Thank you everyone, you've definitely made me feel better about it! I got what I needed and that's the most important thing :smile:
Original post by benwick
Thank you everyone, you've definitely made me feel better about it! I got what I needed and that's the most important thing :smile:

That's the spirit. I was in the exact same position as you and it hasn't made a single jot of difference in my life or career.
Reply 8
Only on TSR would you find somebody disappointed with ABB.
Reply 9
Original post by Dom2375
Only on TSR would you find somebody disappointed with ABB.

It's not about the grades specifically, more in meeting the standards you set yourself. I'd have felt exactly the same had I been predicted CCC and got CDD, it's not a matter of intelligence, and as I previously said, I feel a lot better about it now, and I'm thankful not to have to deal with clearing or any of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending