The Student Room Group

OCR economics A*?

I got 80/100 in A2 units and 90/100 in AS units in ocr economics. Do I only need 20 more UMS from the A2 units to get an A*?
Original post by Pinker1
I got 80/100 in A2 units and 90/100 in AS units in ocr economics. Do I only need 20 more UMS from the A2 units to get an A*?

In order to get an A*, you need to average 90% across A2 units :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
In order to get an A*, you need to average 90% across A2 units :yep:

I got 80% in A2 units, do you think it would be possible to get 90% if I did the remark or is it out of reach
Original post by Pinker1
I got 80% in A2 units, do you think it would be possible to get 90% if I did the remark or is it out of reach

For doing a remark, that's practically impossible. You could try and re-sit instead?
Reply 4
For doing a remark, that's practically impossible. You could try and re-sit instead?

Will the good unis like me doing my a levels in 3 years?
Original post by Pinker1
Will the good unis like me doing my a levels in 3 years?

Depends on the Uni and the course. You can have a look online to see if the course pages mention anything about resits?
Reply 6
Depends on the Uni and the course. You can have a look online to see if the course pages mention anything about resits?

I dont want to create a new topic for this, but is it possible to take STEP in your gap year and unis will still accept it? Thanks
Original post by Pinker1
I dont want to create a new topic for this, but is it possible to take STEP in your gap year and unis will still accept it? Thanks

That also depends on the Uni. Most will ask for STEP in the same sitting as A-levels, but it might be worth getting in touch to make sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest