The Student Room Group

jamestg's AS success!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Just woken up and I already feel like I'm going to be sick. Can't eat any breakfast.

About to get into the shower :/
Original post by jamestg
Just woken up and I already feel like I'm going to be sick. Can't eat any breakfast.

About to get into the shower :/

what did you get for AS results ?
Reply 242
Original post by money-for-all
what did you get for AS results ?

I'm getting them today
Reply 243
Well, this is it. The big day.

After huge disappointment at GCSE, I hope this one goes better. I put in so much more targeted work and I made so much progress since last September.

I really hope my grades reflect this :frown:

Adios until I get back home
Original post by jamestg
Well, this is it. The big day.

After huge disappointment at GCSE, I hope this one goes better. I put in so much more targeted work and I made so much progress since last September.

I really hope my grades reflect this :frown:

Adios until I get back home

I really hope you get the grades you want, you really deserve it!!
Let's hear it mate
Ouch AAAB.
Reply 247
I got AAAB! I'm so happy you wouldn't believe it!

When I got there my politics teacher told me to open my results in front of her, and when I did I was ecstatic and cried in her arms. Then an hour of shaking in shock proceeded.

These are the best grades I could have asked for, I was so anxious for today as I really did not know what to expect. All of the hard work, tears and late nights have been worth it. Going through all of the corrections on pretty much all work wasn't a waste of time, and not having a job proved a smart move. I know I haven't got enough for Cambridge, and I'm content with that!

Thank you to everybody who really helped me through this year. It's been such an improvement on last years' GCSEs results (which weren't bad).

Now to - Bath? Durham? Exeter? Who knows...

GRADE BREAKDOWN
MATHS - A - 258/300
C1 - 90 A
C2 - 88 A
M1 - 80 A

POLITICS - A - 173/200
UNIT ONE - 88 A
UNIT TWO - 85 A

HISTORY - A - 79/100 (raw marks)

BIOLOGY - B (raw marks unknown atm)

Tagging everyone involved here...

Spoiler

Wow! Great stuff mate :smile: Hope all works out for uni. Keep me updated :hugs:
Original post by jamestg

When I got there my politics teacher told me to open my results in front of her, and when I did I was ecstatic and cried in her arms. Then an hour of shaking in shock proceeded.

These are the best grades I could have asked for, I was so anxious for today as I really did not know what to expect. All of the hard work, tears and late nights have been worth it. Going through all of the corrections on pretty much all work wasn't a waste of time, and not having a job proved a smart move. I know I haven't got enough for Cambridge, and I'm content with that!

Thank you to everybody who really helped me through this year. It's been such an improvement on last years' GCSEs results (which weren't bad).

GRADE BREAKDOWN
MATHS - A - 258/300
C1 - 90 A
C2 - 88 A
M1 - 80 A

POLITICS - A - 173/200
UNIT ONE - 88 A
UNIT TWO - 85 A

Spoiler

Top notch!
Good job Mr J. See you at Bath next year :wink:
Reply 251
Original post by ozmo19
I really hope you get the grades you want, you really deserve it!!

Original post by Student403
Wow! Great stuff mate :smile: Hope all works out for uni. Keep me updated :hugs:

Original post by richpanda
Top notch!

Thank you!!!
Reply 252
Original post by SeanFM
Good job Mr J. See you at Bath next year :wink:

My fingers are crossed!
Original post by jamestg

GRADE BREAKDOWN
MATHS - A - 258/300
C1 - 90 A
C2 - 88 A
M1 - 80 A

POLITICS - A - 173/200
UNIT ONE - 88 A
UNIT TWO - 85 A

Spoiler

Slayed! Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 254
Original post by Imperion
Slayed! Congrats :biggrin:

Thank you! How did you get on?!
Original post by jamestg
Thank you! How did you get on?!

A* aaa :excited:
Reply 256
Original post by Imperion
A* aaa :excited:

WOAAAAAH CONGRATS!!!

You're in another league!
Original post by jamestg
WOAAAAAH CONGRATS!!!

You're in another league!

:hat2: Thanks

I have been playing too much rocket league lately :mmm:
Original post by jamestg
GRADE BREAKDOWN
MATHS - A - 258/300
C1 - 90 A
C2 - 88 A
M1 - 80 A

POLITICS - A - 173/200
UNIT ONE - 88 A
UNIT TWO - 85 A

Wow, idk wtf to say really lol. Congratulations man! Never predict grades for History or Politics I guess, it's all essay based isn't it - so it's like impossible to predict? XD. See, how you predicted yourself low and came out with a stunner!! I guess there is no need to retake Maths or are you still going to? Btw, just wondering - if u wanna do Eco at Uni why didn't you take it at A-level? :s-smilie:
I feel proud! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending