The Student Room Group

did I overestimate my chem grade or was I just bad?

Basically:

-Got a D in AS chem- expected a B (forecast grade was a C)
-on the new OCR spec
-thought I did way better than that
-on my results it only shows 'points' I got in it which was 90
-should I ask for a remark or is it a waste of time? + how do I get my hands on my raw marks for the 2 papers I did? Also, what do 'points' even mean??
-this grade doesn't count towards my A2 grade but still
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by angelscity
Basically:

-Got a D in AS chem- expected a B (forecast grade was a C)
-on the new OCR spec
-thought I did way better than that
-on my results it only shows 'points' I got in it which was 90
-should I ask for a remark or is it a waste of time? + how do I get my hands on my raw marks for the 2 papers I did? Also, what do 'points' even mean??
-this grade doesn't count towards my A2 grade but still

I was expecting a B (forecast was a C)
Was expecting a C too but only got an E... most of my class had D's
Same happened to me and others in my school. I was expecting an A, Predicted a B, got a C. I don't know what happened I thought I did so good the papers seemed so easy as well. They never gave the breakdown of my papers, Head of year said the new spec don't do that for AS. If you do you have to pay to get the original scripts. I think a remark is a waste of time just do better next year and get into clearing for a higher offer.
It doesn't count toward your A2 grade? In what way does it impact you then?

Remarks are generally worthwhile if you can afford them and they could make a difference.
Reply 5
Same here I expected a B but I end with a D I really feel bad :frown: not sure what really happened

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by nexttime
It doesn't count toward your A2 grade? In what way does it impact you then?

Remarks are generally worthwhile if you can afford them and they could make a difference.

But unis will see my grade when I start applying, wont they?
Reply 7
Original post by Roz96
Same here I expected a B but I end with a D I really feel bad :frown: not sure what really happened

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you going to get a remark??
Basically if you get your exam paper back to see where you went wrong, you won't be able to ask for a remark as far as I know
Original post by angelscity
But unis will see my grade when I start applying, wont they?

True.

Your only decision to be made right now is remark or not. As I say, they're generally worthwhile if the cost is not prohibitive.

Your can normally also request things like a photocopy of the marked paper (just make sure that if you do this you are able to get a timely remark afterwards should it be needed).

Quick Reply

Latest