The Student Room Group

I got an E at AS level, do I have to declare it ?

I got an E in AS physics, do I have to declare it on my UCAS (new physics course for OCR)
Original post by maoism123
I got an E in AS physics, do I have to declare it on my UCAS (new physics course for OCR)

Yes, you will presuming it will be cashed in.*

You have to declare any exams that you have taken, unfortunately :sadnod:
Original post by usycool1
Yes, you will presuming it will be cashed in.*

My college website says that it's cashing in maths, not physics tho
My college website says that it's cashing in maths, not physics tho

You'll need to ask them.
I'm not sure that you do have to declare it. It is not unusual to omit stuff that you consider to be irrelevant with an application to something.

The unis and ucas may still see that you have this grade but there's nothing to stop you from not declaring it. Especially if it has little to do with the course you'd like to study at uni.*
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
I'm not sure that you do have to declare it. It is not unusual to omit stuff that you consider to be irrelevant with an application to something.

The unis and ucas may still see that you have this grade but there's nothing to stop you from not declaring it. Especially if it has little to do with the course you'd like to study at uni.*

I want to do with Economics or Law, and my maths grade has been 'cashed in' but my physics hasn't ?
If it's cashed in you have to declare it, otherwise you're breaking ucas t&c's and essentially committing fraud.
Original post by claireestelle
If it's cashed in you have to declare it, otherwise you're breaking ucas t&c's and essentially committing fraud.

So I have to declare my maths because it is cashed in, but not the physics Because it isn't?
So I have to declare my maths because it is cashed in, but not the physics Because it isn't?

Sounds about right.

I got my A level results ten years ago. Sounds like it has got stricter. I don't know though, fraud would definitely be claiming to have a qualification that you don't but the whole omission thing being fraud sounds a bit intense.*

Quick Reply

Latest