The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've met my offer for my first choice, I am so so happy.

My UCAS track still hasn't updated, anyone know when it will do so?
I got AACD with the As in economics and maths, C in chemistry and D in biology for my AS results. Do you think I will be predicted higher than what I achieved? And what universities do you think I could get into?
Reply 9022
I rang up Warwick at 8 about my Maths offer since I didn't have a response then on UCAS, they said they were still deciding (I got A*A*AB - just missing my offer by a grade, got 3 in STEP 1 and 2 as well), that was 5 hours ago.Should I ring up again or be patient? When should I expect a response?
I wanted to apply to medicine but I just got my as results and I got ABBB. I know these grades are really low but my predicted grades are going to be much higher and because of the changes with the as levels lots of schools don't do the exams and so they will be weighted less than usual. Do I stand a chance at medicine if I get a high ukcat score? would it be realistic?
Original post by ninjass
Omg i got 4a* - i am in shock!!!!!
Sealed the warwick offer for morse!!!!!!

Well done! :awesome: :woo: :party:

Original post by Naveed Rahman
Yes, I called them and emailed them a very heartfelt email about how much I wish to study there haha! But hopefully I get the marks I need from the remark and can be accepted into the Uni on the basis of my grades not how much I begged them ahah.

Good :yy: . Good luck! :awesome:

Original post by ultralightbeam
I got AACD with the As in economics and maths, c in chemistry and d in biology for my AS results. Do you think I will be predicted higher than what I achieved? And what universities do you think I could get into?

With that, you can get an A*A*B prediction, maybe A*A*A if your teachers really like you and you promise to retake.
Original post by xxvine
Basically they offered me and english course but I really want to do law. Problem is if I enrol in english.....what if i can't change to law

You may be able to switch before you start, as in ring up today and see if that switch is possible with your results.

You've got nothing to lose and it could be the best thing you do all day :smile:
Original post by Polyrogue
Thanks a lot to everybody here for their help and assistance. Despite my huge sadness and gutting results of CDD, with your help and a lot of witty phone calls, I managed to secure a place for Computer Science BSc at Goldsmiths UoL! That's normally an entry requirement of ABB!Thanks guys, I finally feel a lot better, and can smile again :biggrin:

That's brilliant news:smile:
Original post by katherine9609
Nope they haven't.

Last time I called the other uni was around 9am and that was already the second time I called them.

Last time you phoned was 9am? Definitely give them a few bells now then. Of course they are extremely busy with people who didn't meet neither firm and insurance so understand that. So you are in theory, probably on a waiting list per se.

But phone them up again and see what's going on.

Regarding your firm offer, that will give you some breathing room then and probably will remind you via email at some point today or tomorrow. Cause remember, from their point of view, your seat on that course is undecided and they can't give that seat away if you're undecided which could have gone to someone else through clearing (but that isn't your fault). So make sure you phone them a couple of times!
Reply 9028
Thanks a lot to everybody here for their help and assistance. Despite my huge sadness and gutting results of CDD, with your help and a lot of witty phone calls, I managed to secure a place for Computer Science BSc at Goldsmiths UoL! That's normally an entry requirement of ABB!Thanks guys, I finally feel a lot better, and can smile again :biggrin:

Congratulations mate!

Wow You're so lucky to get a place.. I'm applying for the same entry requirements with the same course on a different uni but was unsuccessful due to my GCSE grades 😑, will try again in a few minutes.
Advice please, If my remark does not go up (3UMS for a B) and get accepted into my firm (southampton), I have my insurance (Essex) which i don't really want to go to. If I wait for my remarks (10days aprox) will I have missed the chance to find a uni through clearing?
All the help is extremely beneficial! Thank you!
i got in but haven't received an email from the university, should i ring them?
Original post by emiloujess
BU still can't see that I'm in Clearing and told me to phone back at 3pm when Track updates to allow Clearing choices to be made :frown: But she asked me why I wanted to do the course and apparently it is 'exceptionally likely' that I will be made an offer...

... that's good, right? :biggrin:

That is good, yep :smile:

Original post by Benteke
I've met my offer for my first choice, I am so so happy.

My UCAS track still hasn't updated, anyone know when it will do so?

You should call up your firm and ask them what's up.

Original post by 430
I rang up Warwick at 8 about my Maths offer since I didn't have a response then on UCAS, they said they were still deciding (I got A*A*AB - just missing my offer by a grade, got 3 in STEP 1 and 2 as well), that was 5 hours ago.Should I ring up again or be patient? When should I expect a response?

You should ring them up again and ask. If they're still undecided, you need to decide whether you want to risk waiting for them, and missing out on Clearing places, or start calling up Clearing Unis.
Original post by nihil_nimis
Thanks for the advice, is A2 maths a big step up from AS ?

C3 not so much .. It's easy to understand .. but you can get some exam questions were they always try and trick you .. but C3 should be where you get the most UMS for the A2 units.

C4 can be very very tricky and hard to understand but again ... watch some videos .. exam solutions .. do some past papers .. and you'll understand it. but C4 is the tricky one which is why they have been giving simple papers not to over complicate the already difficult questions.

Is it a big step up ? Yes ...
Is it incredibly difficult ? At first, but it's easy to understand as time goes by just like some C1/C2 topics ....
Original post by rayytbh
I wanted to apply to medicine but I just got my as results and I got ABBB. I know these grades are really low but my predicted grades are going to be much higher and because of the changes with the as levels lots of schools don't do the exams and so they will be weighted less than usual. Do I stand a chance at medicine if I get a high ukcat score? would it be realistic?

They're completely fine. As long as you're predicted AAA at least, you'll have a chance.*
Original post by CardiffKate
Give that call your best shot, that way you know you've done all you can. Out of interest, where is your insurance choice?

I promise you're going to have the time of your life wherever you go. University is the best time of your life!

Westminister, doing Software Engineering.
Advice please, If my remark does not go up (3UMS for a B) and get accepted into my firm (southampton), I have my insurance (Essex) which i don't really want to go to. If I wait for my remarks (10days aprox) will I have missed the chance to find a uni through clearing?

Most of the Clearing places will have gone after 10 days, yes, unfortunately :sadnod:

Original post by Zwitterion1
i got in but haven't received an email from the university, should i ring them?

Nope. Some Unis take weeks to send out the new starter emails. Given that today is their busiest day, you could at least wait until tomorrow :yep:
Original post by CardiffKate
You may be able to switch before you start, as in ring up today and see if that switch is possible with your results.

You've got nothing to lose and it could be the best thing you do all day :smile:

They say I haven't got the grades required
I got BBB
But they offered me English. I can't enrol for English really hoping to change to law. Incase I can't change.
Reply 9037
Original post by nihil_nimis
Congrats, for what course ?

Thanks. I'm a bit shocked because I was predicted higher, but I'm happy to have got in. I'm going to be studying History and Sociology (joint degree) and hopefully go into teaching after I complete the degree.

What about you? How did your results go?

Clearing would have a lot less choice available then i m afraid.

Im in a very similiar situation, what did you say, what did you mention to them? Im calling my uni as well.

Quick Reply

Latest