The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
Update 18/02/2016

Results Day didn't really go as planned...

I got AAB (with the B in English Language), with my A in History being 1 mark off an A* and English Language being dragged down by a D in the exam. My offer for Durham was A*AA, and York was AAA but they still accepted me. I was very surprised about the D, so I'm getting the English Language exam remarked as well as the History to hopefully gain 4 marks in English and 1 mark in History to bring my grades up to A*AA and then hopefully Durham will reconsider me.

Russia: 87 UMS, 76/100, A
Gen St 1: 94 UMS, 55/65, A
Gen St 2: 100 UMS, 55-65/00, A
Gen St 3: 70 UMS, 40/70, B
History: 107 UMS, 97/120, A
Gen St 4: 82 UMS, 48/70, A
Language: 70 UMS, 49/96, D
Literature: 87 UMS, 53/80, B

My coursework was my saving grace really, so I hope you guys have done better than me!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Hopefully Durham will accepted you but if not I'll see you at York! :smile:
x

Oi you :hugs:

You still did bloody excellently my lovely, I know you're upset now and I'm really sorry you missed your offer but just remember you're absolutely bloody brilliant. Sending lots of positive vibes. :hugs:
Original post by Tiger Rag
Well done!

Original post by doctorwhofan98
Hopefully Durham will accepted you but if not I'll see you at York! :smile:

Aw that's nice, I didn't know you were going to York :smile:
Original post by iEthan
Oi you :hugs:

You still did bloody excellently my lovely, I know you're upset now and I'm really sorry you missed your offer but just remember you're absolutely bloody brilliant. Sending lots of positive vibes. :hugs:

Thanks Ethan :redface:
All the best people get AAB (trust me, I know). You're still fabulously wonderful! :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
All the best people get AAB (trust me, I know). You're still fabulously wonderful! :hugs:

Reply 646
I'm so sorry astrud :redface: that doesn't sound plesent at all. I hope you do get what you need from the remarks (although with the new rules :afraid:) if you don't I guess I'll see you in York too!

Out of interest will you ask for your script back for English if your remark doesn't go well?
:jumphug:

ik that it isn't what you wanted lovely but those are still :woo: worthy results :hugs:
especially if you are only a couple marks off the grade boundary then see what happens with the remarks :hugs:
also you can still get where you want to go to :yep:
like if i saw you coming towards me and i was a uni i would be like 'whoa hold up we have some serious talent here uni ppl'
any uni would be stupid not to have you :lovie2:

xx
Original post by Aph
I'm so sorry astrud :redface: that doesn't sound plesent at all. I hope you do get what you need from the remarks (although with the new rules :afraid:) if you don't I guess I'll see you in York too!

Out of interest will you ask for your script back for English if your remark doesn't go well?

There probably wouldn't be enough time- even with a priority remark they said they can take up to 18 days (which would be after 31st August and my place at Durham would be lost then anyway). I'll be on holiday from Saturday too, so I've had to give my teachers permission to contact Durham for me and sort things out while I'm away.
Original post by CoolCavy
:jumphug:

ik that it isn't what you wanted lovely but those are still :woo: worthy results :hugs:
especially if you are only a couple marks off the grade boundary then see what happens with the remarks :hugs:
also you can still get where you want to go to :yep:
like if i saw you coming towards me and i was a uni i would be like 'whoa hold up we have some serious talent here uni ppl'
any uni would be stupid not to have you :lovie2:

xx

Thank you very much hun :hugs: I heard you did very well with your results, congrats :hugs:
Thank you very much hun :hugs: I heard you did very well with your results, congrats :hugs:

no worries lovely i mean it :lovehug: and tyvm but you should also be pleased with ur own achievements :cube:
Any update?
Update 05/09/2016

Welcome to Story Time with Gingerbread!

A few of you might have already heard about my rollar coaster of results, but here's the full story for those who didn't:

I sent in my exams for remarks, but before I got them back the deadline for accepting York accommodation came around, so I had to do that. A few days later, I got the remarks back with my new grades of A*AA. I emailed Durham to tell them, but they'd already given my place away so they gave me a place in 2017 instead. I accepted that and withdrew from York, and then a few days later Durham emailed me again to say some spaces had come up for 2016 entry. I've now accepted that and it's all been confirmed through UCAS, I'm just waiting to find out which college I'll be in

Turns out my revision did pay off in the end, and I'm off to Durham on 3rd October!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
Woooo congrats!!! :biggrin:
A few of you might have already heard about my rollar coaster of results, but here's the full story for those who didn't

Need a stiff drink after that ride. Glad it all worked out in the end regardless of the twists and turns.
Original post by MrDystopia
Need a stiff drink after that ride. Glad it all worked out in the end regardless of the twists and turns.

You can get me a belated stiff drink later :tongue:
You can get me a belated stiff drink later :tongue:

I'll accept that :beer:
That's fantastic! Very well done!
Original post by Zacken
That's fantastic! Very well done!

Quick Reply

Latest