The Student Room Group

Would I get an offer from these Universities?

I got my AS grades today, and I have been extremely disappointed in the grades that I have got:
-A in Mathematics
-B in Geography
-C in Further Maths
-D in Physics (I'm dropping Physics)

It has made me question whether I will be able to get an offer from my target universities: Warwick, Durham, LSE, UCL, Bath or Bristol.
What do you guys think?
Original post by wstuart
I got my AS grades today, and I have been extremely disappointed in the grades that I have got:
-A in Mathematics
-B in Geography
-C in Further Maths
-D in Physics (I'm dropping Physics)

It has made me question whether I will be able to get an offer from my target universities: Warwick, Durham, LSE, UCL, Bath or Bristol.
What do you guys think?

You will be able to get grade predictions of one greater than your AS results, so A*ABC. What you need to do is go and have a look at the Uni webpages and see what type of grade offers they make. You will be safe with anything up to AAB, even AAA if you can sweet-talk a teacher into predicting you that grade and resitting an exam :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
You will be able to get grade predictions of one greater than your AS results, so A*ABC. What you need to do is go and have a look at the Uni webpages and see what type of grade offers they make. You will be safe with anything up to AAB, even AAA if you can sweet-talk a teacher into predicting you that grade and resitting an exam :yep:

I was really hoping to do Economics, which is A*AA, I'm planning on getting my Geography remarked as I was only a few marks off an A, and I'm planning on resitting two of the Further Maths modules. What would the chance of me getting a place if my predicted grades were AAA, but I achieved A*AA?
Original post by wstuart
I was really hoping to do Economics, which is A*AA, I'm planning on getting my Geography remarked as I was only a few marks off an A, and I'm planning on resitting two of the Further Maths modules. What would the chance of me getting a place if my predicted grades were AAA, but I achieved A*AA?

Unfortunately, only the Uni giving the offer and your teachers will be able to answer that question :sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest