The Student Room Group

Why did students vote Leave?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inhuman
You rebutted nothing. You just rephrased your original points that I showed to be wrong.

But freedom of movement will continue...how have you not accepted that yet?

lmao your entire point rested on 'but it was the fault of the country not the EU' which is completely false.

No, it really won't. If it means we have no access to the single market (which it won't) there is the rest of the world to trade with you realise. Besides, I'm not keen on the idea of staying attached to the only stagnating trade bloc.
Reply 81
Original post by joecphillips
The Mexicans trump would be keeping out aren't voting anyway they aren't in the country legally.

"I just don't like people bullying and lying to win a debate and being hypocrites."
That's funny that is all remain have, oh if you don't vote remain you are a racist.

How is 'patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.' sad? Why should we give up this nation to a centralised authoritarian group?

"The NHS is nothing without foreigners...ahahahahaha"
Where did they say there would be no foreigners in the NHS? This seems to be remainers not being intelligent enough to realise that stopping uncontrolled immigration is not the same as stopping immigration or they realise that and deliberately change what is said to support their stance.

Oh no I very well understand that you are selfish and would of course pick and choose who exactly should come in because you need them. After all, rule, Britannia.
Reply 82
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
lmao your entire point rested on 'but it was the fault of the country not the EU' which is completely false.

No, it really won't. If it means we have no access to the single market (which it won't) there is the rest of the world to trade with you realise. Besides, I'm not keen on the idea of staying attached to the only stagnating trade bloc.

It is completely true, you just don't want to admit it. Or rather you can't even see it due to your blind hate.

And lol, do you know how much of your exports go to the EU and how little of the EU's to you?

And wow, I am so glad you are not keen on it. You as the predominant expert on this field think it's bad, so phew, good job you voted Brexit and the people in charge aren't looking for a way to make a trade deal with the EU. We got away with that one, mates.
Reply 83
Original post by inhuman
Oh no I very well understand that you are selfish and would of course pick and choose who exactly should come in because you need them. After all, rule, Britannia.

I'm not completely selfish I'm a realist something you claim to be but on this issue you have your head in the ground ignoring reality, we should choose who we want in this country as there are limited resources, England has the highest population density in the EU of the major countries second only to Malta but don't worry to help this situation we are going to invite a lot more people here so you have even less space to live, even the old president of the European Commission admits uncontrolled immigration does put strains on British public services.

Sometimes in life you have to be selfish and look after yourself and your community rather than protecting someone else's that is something that a realist realises.

Complete selfishness is a death wish.
Reply 84
Original post by inhuman
It is completely true, you just don't want to admit it. Or rather you can't even see it due to your blind hate.

And lol, do you know how much of your exports go to the EU and how little of the EU's to you?

And wow, I am so glad you are not keen on it. You as the predominant expert on this field think it's bad, so phew, good job you voted Brexit and the people in charge aren't looking for a way to make a trade deal with the EU. We got away with that one, mates.

Does the figure you will use take into account the Rotterdam effect?
Reply 85
I'm not completely selfish I'm a realist something you claim to be but on this issue you have your head in the ground ignoring reality, we should choose who we want in this country as there are limited resources, England has the highest population density in the EU of the major countries second only to Malta but don't worry to help this situation we are going to invite a lot more people here so you have even less space to live, even the old president of the European Commission admits uncontrolled immigration does put strains on British public services.

Sometimes in life you have to be selfish and look after yourself and your community rather than protecting someone else's that is something that a realist realises.

Complete selfishness is a death wish.

A) You have low birth rates. You need people.

B) Pick and choose immigration will not happen under a deal with the EU.

A realist would have your position, granted. A smart realist would then think two steps further and realize that leaving will achieve nothing.
Reply 86
Does the figure you will use take into account the Rotterdam effect?

I don't know, that's why I asked, and didn't state the figures I read.

But either way, you think after leaving the EU, EU ports will allow you the same access to said ports and not make you pay more for access? Could be. Could be British firms will have to pay more.
Reply 87
Original post by inhuman
A) You have low birth rates. You need people.

B) Pick and choose immigration will not happen under a deal with the EU.

A realist would have your position, granted. A smart realist would then think two steps further and realize that leaving will achieve nothing.

So we need people that doesn't mean we need a unquantified amount of people.

Some things are more important than a failing trading bloc that wants to become a superstate.

A smart realist would realise that staying in the EU means saying goodbye to this country as a sovereign nation to join the centralised superstate something I and many others throughout Europe don't want that but the elite do, so saying leaving the eu achieves nothing is a lie.
Reply 88
Original post by inhuman
I don't know, that's why I asked, and didn't state the figures I read.

But either way, you think after leaving the EU, EU ports will allow you the same access to said ports and not make you pay more for access? Could be. Could be British firms will have to pay more.

And the same effect would then happen for the EU to have access the largest global hub in Europe and one of the biggest in the world.
Reply 89
And the same effect would then happen for the EU to have access the largest global hub in Europe and one of the biggest in the world.

Haha good one. Typical British delusions of grandeur.
Reply 90
Original post by inhuman
Haha good one. Typical British delusions of grandeur.

You do know that Heathrow is one of the largest hubs don't you? It isn't grandeur it is a fact maybe you should go research this stuff before you laugh at stuff.
Reply 91
You do know that Heathrow is one of the largest hubs don't you? It isn't grandeur it is a fact maybe you should go research this stuff before you laugh at stuff.

Negotiation power.

Anyway, I am bored of this. I have had my laugh.

Good luck. You'll need it.
[video="youtube;Zciiuay1FBo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zciiuay1FBo[/video]
Original post by inhuman

Yeah I'm so blinded by hate to the fact crime has increased due to refugees/immigration, each culture has segregated itself off and our NHS/transport/GP places/education services are being overwhelmed. You have to be a moron to be blind to that.

Which is why the EU needs us more than we need them. We are their biggest market.

Lowest form of wit coupled with ad hominem, nice. I take it you want to remain attached to a declining trade bloc? lmao remainfags so salty
Reply 94
Yeah I'm so blinded by hate to the fact crime has increased due to refugees/immigration, each culture has segregated itself off and our NHS/transport/GP places/education services are being overwhelmed. You have to be a moron to be blind to that.

Which is why the EU needs us more than we need them. We are their biggest market.

Lowest form of wit coupled with ad hominem, nice. I take it you want to remain attached to a declining trade bloc? lmao remainfags so salty

Lol are you? And wow, even after that you maintain your position. That is quite something.

As I said to the other guy, I have had my laugh. Good luck with all :wink:
Original post by inhuman
Lol are you? And wow, even after that you maintain your position. That is quite something.

As I said to the other guy, I have had my laugh. Good luck with all :wink:

Even after what? Your brilliantly penned and relevant answer to all my points? /s Don't flatter yourself.

Thanks, I'll just be bathing in your tears and whinging
Reply 96
Even after what? Your brilliantly penned and relevant answer to all my points? /s Don't flatter yourself.

Thanks, I'll just be bathing in your tears and whinging

My tears of laughter?
Original post by alexjones1994
I'm just intrigued as to why an educated young person would vote leave? What could you possibly achieve from leaving the EU?

The only thing I can think of is less immigrants? So basically you are all xenophobes. Congrats.

I'm sure many people will have already pointed this out, but there is absolutely nothing racist or xenophobic about wanting to restrict immigration further. It shouldn't even need to be pointed out, but unfortunately this BS "argument" that should have died out long ago still seems to have traction.

Spoiler

Reply 98
Original post by RF_PineMarten
I'm sure many people will have already pointed this out, but there is absolutely nothing racist or xenophobic about wanting to restrict immigration further. It shouldn't even need to be pointed out, but unfortunately this BS "argument" that should have died out long ago still seems to have traction.

Spoiler

Own own own.

Fair enough. Don't ever expect any sympathy or help from Europeans though. You are displaying the greatest show of selfishness in decades in Europe. On an international level you are nothing but the US's stooge. Go ahead. Try your luck in the world. It might not be terrible, granted, but it won't be the same as if you were a large stakeholder of a united Europe.
Only one full of ignorance assumes all Leave voters are xenophobes. You can drown in your ignorance, no one cares. Deal with it.

Quick Reply

Latest