The Student Room Group

Applying for Oxford/top uni with AS Grades?

I got my AS grades today of: A - Maths, B - History and Biology and D - Chemistry. This was under extreme extenuating circumstances as I was in and out of hospital throughout my exams with seizures which I understand will be put in my reference. My question is should I bother applying for Oxford? Or am I able to leave out my chemistry grade on my UCAS application? I want to study History and Politics and am also looking at UEA, QM, Sussex and Cardiff. I got GCSE grades of 5 A*s and 6As and am hopefully going to have a killer personal statement. Cheers!
Original post by Nellwatson12
I got my AS grades today of: A - Maths, B - History and Biology and D - Chemistry. This was under extreme extenuating circumstances as I was in and out of hospital throughout my exams with seizures which I understand will be put in my reference. My question is should I bother applying for Oxford? Or am I able to leave out my chemistry grade on my UCAS application? I want to study History and Politics and am also looking at UEA, QM, Sussex and Cardiff. I got GCSE grades of 5 A*s and 6As and am hopefully going to have a killer personal statement. Cheers!

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear your results weren't what you wanted but your results are very impressive considering you were in and out of hospital. If your referee will mention your hospital visits and there is evidence to this effect then this no harm in making an application.

Quick Reply

Latest