The Student Room Group

Should I Just Give Up My Dream of Studying Medicine?

I'm honestly very disappointed with my AS results; I got aabbc and the subjects that are required for medicine were the ones that I achieved the lowest grades in :cry:
biology- C
chemistry-B
maths-B

What should I do? Do you think I should just apply to something other that medicine ( Even though I don't want to do anything else)? or just try to work harder because there is a slight chance?
Original post by MA1998
I'm honestly very disappointed with my AS results; I got aabbc and the subjects that are required for medicine were the ones that I achieved the lowest grades in :cry:
biology- C
chemistry-B
maths-B

What should I do? Do you think I should just apply to something other that medicine ( Even though I don't want to do anything else)? or just try to work harder because there is a slight chance?

Find another subject you are passionate about. I would say there is no chance of getting into medicine. Look into subjects similar to medicine though like biomedical science
Reply 2
Original post by MA1998
biology- C
chemistry-B
maths-B

Work hard! Concentrate fully next year and try your best to persuade your teachers to give you high predicted grades when you get back to college; unfortunately without them you shouldn't apply. All hope isn't lost
I'm not sure how many offers you'll get with those results. Predicted grades will surely help but I'd say it'd be a bit too optimistic given that I've seen people who've come out with A*s/As get rejected unfortunately. How about applying for a life science like physiology/biochem/biomed/neuro or whatever interests you in the realm of medicine and then try applying for graduate medicine? It's still incredibly competitive but I feel it'd be a more realistic option.
Original post by MA1998
biology- C
chemistry-B
maths-B

Redo. I had a couz who got an ABC and was expected a A*AA she did 1 yr of biochem then re-applied to medicine, and got in.:h:
Reply 5
You could continue them on, and pass up on applying this year, then just apply with achieved grades :h:
(also, you don't require maths for medicine)

Quick Reply

Latest