The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

stanmer court

hi, I've been placed in stanmer court, anyone who lived there give me some info about it please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubblegumcat
hi, I've been placed in stanmer court, anyone who lived there give me some info about it please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My girlfriend lived there (so I visited a lot), and I have to say it's a really nice accommodation! The bedrooms were a nice size and it's quite modern, especially the kitchens.

You're off campus slightly, but you're right next to the train station and main bus stop so you can easily hop into town! Hope that's helped :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I've been put in stanmer courts too :smile:
Original post by PugDevil
My girlfriend lived there (so I visited a lot), and I have to say it's a really nice accommodation! The bedrooms were a nice size and it's quite modern, especially the kitchens.

You're off campus slightly, but you're right next to the train station and main bus stop so you can easily hop into town! Hope that's helped :smile:

that's nice to know, thanks :smile: apparently it's mostly got internationals in there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ella.ferriter
I've been put in stanmer courts too :smile:

oh hey, maybe I'll see you around haha :tongue: what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's nice to know, thanks :smile: apparently it's mostly got internationals in there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sussex Uni is quite renowned for it's diversity and many international students, so I think it just depends - I lived in Lewes Court and I was sharing with one spanish girl and two chinese boys! :biggrin:
oh hey, maybe I'll see you around haha :tongue: what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah maybe haha, I'm doing law you?
Sussex Uni is quite renowned for it's diversity and many international students, so I think it just depends - I lived in Lewes Court and I was sharing with one spanish girl and two chinese boys! :biggrin:

what were they like? I heard the internationals aren't really sociable :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ella.ferriter
Yeah maybe haha, I'm doing law you?

chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
what were they like? I heard the internationals aren't really sociable :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Spanish girl was really sociable and we often went out with her friends, so that was great! The Chinese guys were sociable at first, but then they kind of locked themselves away and played League of Legends :redface:

But honestly, I feel like its luck of the draw with flatmates - you're just going to have to see what happens :tongue:
The Spanish girl was really sociable and we often went out with her friends, so that was great! The Chinese guys were sociable at first, but then they kind of locked themselves away and played League of Legends :redface:

But honestly, I feel like its luck of the draw with flatmates - you're just going to have to see what happens :tongue:

ahh I see, I'm just very worried as I kinda struggle with making friends, any tips on making good friends at this uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahh I see, I'm just very worried as I kinda struggle with making friends, any tips on making good friends at this uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It probably isn't that useful, but honestly the best advice I can give is be yourself. Cliche I know, but everyone will be panicking about whether they will make friends as it is natural - but at uni, it just happens.

For example, after 2 days with my flatmates I felt as though I had known them for years! You also meet people in your courses :biggrin:

Good 'icebreaker' questions to ask are the usual:

- Where are you from?
- What course are you doing?
- Where do you live on campus?

You will get used to asking/answering those :tongue: If you don't like your flatmates, don't feel as though you're stuck with them either - as I'm sure there will be plenty of flat parties in Stanmer. Uni just seems to throw a load of coincidences at you and before you know it you've met friends for life! :smile:
I've heard it is the least sociable on campus. But I'd be glad for you if you proved that wrong.
Original post by Freddie010
I've heard it is the least sociable on campus. But I'd be glad for you if you proved that wrong.

I think it's more... everyone in Stanmer knows one another really well - but everyone on campus mixes more obviously. During Freshers week, it doesn't really matter - everyone goes to all halls :smile:
I think it's more... everyone in Stanmer knows one another really well - but everyone on campus mixes more obviously. During Freshers week, it doesn't really matter - everyone goes to all halls :smile:

Edit: Sorry if there are multiple posts of the same thing... the site is going mad :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
It probably isn't that useful, but honestly the best advice I can give is be yourself. Cliche I know, but everyone will be panicking about whether they will make friends as it is natural - but at uni, it just happens.

For example, after 2 days with my flatmates I felt as though I had known them for years! You also meet people in your courses :biggrin:

Good 'icebreaker' questions to ask are the usual:

- Where are you from?
- What course are you doing?
- Where do you live on campus?

You will get used to asking/answering those :tongue: If you don't like your flatmates, don't feel as though you're stuck with them either - as I'm sure there will be plenty of flat parties in Stanmer. Uni just seems to throw a load of coincidences at you and before you know it you've met friends for life! :smile:

hmm, I see, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard that as well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edit: Sorry if there are multiple posts of the same thing... the site is going mad :redface:

also wanted to ask, were you able to manage money wise? since this accommodation is very expensive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
also wanted to ask, were you able to manage money wise? since this accommodation is very expensive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes definitely! It was a bit tight near the end of the term, but it was manageable :biggrin:
I'm in Stanmer Court too! Bit worried about it being far away from everyone else on campus, but I've just found one of my flatmates on Facebook and he seems nice enough! What flat no. you guys in? - might be sensible not to post it on an open forum like this, so PM me!

Quick Reply

Latest