The Student Room Group

Will they predict me higher?

Im doing the new spec biology OCR A and chemistry OCR B salters.
Unfortunately I received two C's in both of them.
Considering that I know exactly how I went wrong with my revision technique and the content learnt, and the fact that these AS results do not count towards out final overall A-Level grade, do you think that there is any chance that I could be given A predictions in these subjects?

I mean this is if I put forward a case, saying how they dont count, and how other students from other schools are not even doing AS levels and have been given A predictions etc etc??
Original post by greys-anatomy
Im doing the new spec biology OCR A and chemistry OCR B salters.
Unfortunately I received two C's in both of them.
Considering that I know exactly how I went wrong with my revision technique and the content learnt, and the fact that these AS results do not count towards out final overall A-Level grade, do you think that there is any chance that I could be given A predictions in these subjects?

I mean this is if I put forward a case, saying how they dont count, and how other students from other schools are not even doing AS levels and have been given A predictions etc etc??

That's between you and your teachers. Only they'll know what they're happy predicting you :tongue: .
Original post by Nirgilis
That's between you and your teachers. Only they'll know what they're happy predicting you :tongue: .

haha i guess so:tongue:
I mean if they dont, then I'm fine with taking a gap year out, and focussing completely on my a levels and getting the grades so i can apply during my gap year.
But thanks tho haha
From my experience with predicted grades you just need to have a chat with them and try and convince them that you are capable of getting an A and that you'll work very hard :smile: teachers want to make you look good! (At long as it's realistic) if a friendly chat doesn't work and you're desperate it's worth trying to get your parents involved lol :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest