The Student Room Group

Bad AS results..

I got EED and now i don't know what to do AS results
Original post by viddiii

Hi there :console:.

What subjects were they in and do you intend to take all 3 to A2?
Don't worry, it's not the end of the world! Talk to your teachers or someone about retaking or resitting some exams or maybe think about starting again with new subjects...I did the latter two years ago after getting low AS grades and I ended up moving to a different college, starting completely new AS subjects and two years later I've just got my A2 results and been accepted into my first choice uni so it can all work out!

Think about why you got the results you did - are you not happy at the school you're at, do you not enjoy your subjects, have you had things to deal with or did you not work hard enough etc - figure out what went wrong and make some changes so you can succeed next time!

There are loads of options, whether it's retaking your exams or changing subjects or even doing something different to A levels...talk through your options with someone but stay positive! This is not the end of the line and you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by viddiii

Hey I got the exact same results, we're in the same boat. I'm hoping I get predicted higher especially as I got 3 A's in my mocks. Email your teachers.
Reply 4
Original post by imanonymous123
Hey I got the exact same results, we're in the same boat. I'm hoping I get predicted higher especially as I got 3 A's in my mocks. Email your teachers.

Hey!! i got the same exact as you for mocks! i take accounting, sociology and business and i worked sleepless nights and past papers surrounded my room
Reply 5
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Hi there :console:.

What subjects were they in and do you intend to take all 3 to A2?

Accounting Sociology and Business and yeah, my college said i can continue as norma;
Reply 6
Original post by Ellismall
Don't worry, it's not the end of the world! Talk to your teachers or someone about retaking or resitting some exams or maybe think about starting again with new subjects...I did the latter two years ago after getting low AS grades and I ended up moving to a different college, starting completely new AS subjects and two years later I've just got my A2 results and been accepted into my first choice uni so it can all work out!

Think about why you got the results you did - are you not happy at the school you're at, do you not enjoy your subjects, have you had things to deal with or did you not work hard enough etc - figure out what went wrong and make some changes so you can succeed next time!

There are loads of options, whether it's retaking your exams or changing subjects or even doing something different to A levels...talk through your options with someone but stay positive! This is not the end of the line and you'll be fine :smile:

i literally can't thank you enough for taking your time out, i appreciate it but i can't help but feel down as i worked my absolute hardest i want to go do Law at university so
Original post by viddiii
Hey!! i got the same exact as you for mocks! i take accounting, sociology and business and i worked sleepless nights and past papers surrounded my room

I took Biology, Chemistry and English Language & Literature. I had family/health problems throughout the year and that is probably what affected my results. I did work non-stop all year so I'm a bit confused how it all went so wrong. I may get predicted BCC hopefully due to my GCSE results and my work in class and in my mocks.
Reply 8
I took Biology, Chemistry and English Language & Literature. I had family/health problems throughout the year and that is probably what affected my results. I did work non-stop all year so I'm a bit confused how it all went so wrong. I may get predicted BCC hopefully due to my GCSE results and my work in class and in my mocks.

yeah i had family and health issues too, was in hospital quiet a bit but i revised so hard before the exams, i came out of one confident i done well
Original post by viddiii
yeah i had family and health issues too, was in hospital quiet a bit but i revised so hard before the exams, i came out of one confident i done well

I came out of a few exams feeling so happy and confident. But then today I wake up to receive these results. To say it was disappointing is an understatement,
I'm the same, got a D in Geography (predicted A), D in Biology (predicted A/B) and a U in Chemistry ( predicted C)...I really don't know what to do. I'm not exactly happy at home...but I can't do anything about it until I leave for university, which looks like that's not even going to happen now.
Sorry about your results xxx hope you will feel better soon
Reply 11
I came out of a few exams feeling so happy and confident. But then today I wake up to receive these results. To say it was disappointing is an understatement,

you don't understand i feel the exact same. can you pm me or something i'd love to discuss

Quick Reply

Latest