The Student Room Group

Management and Philosophy degree???

I was wondering if anybody had any insight/opinion into this degree.

I initially wanted to study Management with Marketing but I failed to get the grades with ABB and found Leeds offering Management with Philosophy.

It sounds very interesting to me and I'm about ready to go through with this.

Questions: Can I switch my degree since I'd be covering the core modules of Management to do something else later in the year, if I don't enjoy philosophy?

How do you think this degree would stand in career success in the future. Thanks.
Original post by ddiimmaa123
I was wondering if anybody had any insight/opinion into this degree.

I initially wanted to study Management with Marketing but I failed to get the grades with ABB and found Leeds offering Management with Philosophy.

It sounds very interesting to me and I'm about ready to go through with this.

Questions: Can I switch my degree since I'd be covering the core modules of Management to do something else later in the year, if I don't enjoy philosophy?

How do you think this degree would stand in career success in the future. Thanks.

A degree with management in will always leave you with lots of opportunities! I studied BA Management at Leeds and there were loads of people on the course doing joint honors combinations. Sounds like you would be doing all the core management modules and the philosophy ones will be balanced with it.
Why not try contacting the business school to find out more? If you aren't enjoying it then i'm sure they wouldn't want to make you continue. You get to pick your electives in every year too, so as long as you don't leave it too late i'm sure they would let you swap.
If it feels right for you then go for it- i found Leeds a great place to study and the business school really good! :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply