The Student Room Group

As level disaster

I don't know what to do. I went in to collect my AS levels today and saw that I got BBD. I was very happy with the B's as this means I am likely to get predicted grades of A's however the D ruins everything. I am likely to get predicted grades of AAB/AAC and I need AAA for dentistry.
I don't know whether I should still do the UKCAT which is scheduled for the 1st September as I might not be able to apply this year, but at the same time if the paper is remarked I could possibly get the opportunity to apply.

Dentistry is the only degree I see that combines science and art together with the benefits of a high status and potentially high pay, I haven't found another course like it.
What do I do?
Original post by ebxnyxo
I don't know what to do. I went in to collect my AS levels today and saw that I got BBD. I was very happy with the B's as this means I am likely to get predicted grades of A's however the D ruins everything. I am likely to get predicted grades of AAB/AAC and I need AAA for dentistry.
I don't know whether I should still do the UKCAT which is scheduled for the 1st September as I might not be able to apply this year, but at the same time if the paper is remarked I could possibly get the opportunity to apply.

Dentistry is the only degree I see that combines science and art together with the benefits of a high status and potentially high pay, I haven't found another course like it.
What do I do?

I'm really sorry you didn't get what you were after. You could always take a gap year and apply afterwards? That might give you time to retake/not have to rely on a prediction.

Quick Reply

Latest