The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qcomber
My offer from Imperial was A*AA but i got A*A*B and was rejected :frown:

Sorry about that, do you have an insurance?
Hello, I received my AS results today. Sociology A, English Lit B, History B. Yet to my surprise I got a D in creative writing, despite my teacher continuously telling me I should be aiming for a B or A. Firstly I was wondering how badly this would impact me when I'm applying to uni... (looking to go to York, UCL, Birmingham or St Andrews). Secondly would it be worth getting remarked? Hope every one got the grades wanted !!!Thanks Jo.:smile:))
sorry ahah
I got AAAB in my AS so I'm extremely happy :smile:

Well done to everyone else!
Original post by musicisellipsis
Were you accepted by your insurance?

I didn't have one, cam were rhe only ones who recognises my special circumstances and let me do 2.

I just want to push my life forwards

What should I do ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Got rejected by my firm but managed to find a great course in clearing and I've been offered a place. Been a rollercoaster of emotions today :laugh:
Original post by Qcomber
My offer from Imperial was A*AA but i got A*A*B and was rejected :frown:

That sucks :frown:

Those grades are amazing - noone should feel disappointed with them

Have you got a plan B?
Original post by Nirgilis
Everything okay?
yeah decent I guess just wondering if I'm able to carry on biology with a D

Original post by SH0405
What were you aiming for?

Aiming for higher but I guess I'll have to work harder!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got one mark off an a* in further maths
Original post by Sacred Ground
Just an update for anyone who cares - I got accepted into Newcastle! 😀😀☺️☺️

Congratulations!! Was that for medicine then?
Original post by OriginalLifelin
I didn't have one, cam were rhe only ones who recognises my special circumstances and let me do 2.

I just want to push my life forwards

What subject are you looking for?
Original post by ParadoxSocks
It's okay. Breathe because this isn't the end of the world at all. You can work with those results.

Thankyou so much for your positive comments :biggrin: yeah I guess so!
Original post by JMACM98
Got rejected by my firm but managed to find a great course in clearing and I've been offered a place. Been a rollercoaster of emotions today :laugh:

Congratulations! :awesome: :woo: :party:

Original post by duncanjgraham
i got one mark off an a* in further maths

Are you considering remarking it?

Original post by goal101
yeah decent I guess just wondering if I'm able to carry on biology with a D

Would you resit the exams?
Original post by PQ
What subject are you looking for?

I applied for English. I don't know what I want to study now. I want to do some A levels next year.
I applied for English. I don't know what I want to study now. I want to do some A levels next year.

If you're still interested in English then Goldsmiths or Birkbeck in London would both be worth contacting - they're more likely to look beyond the number of A levels and listen to your ECs

Alternatively would taking another A level (or another qualification) at college this year be an option?
I didn't know I could only add ONE clearing choice and I just randomly added one HOLY **** I'M IN DEEP ****
I've been rejected from my first choice Cambridge' they wanted A*A and I got AA. I only did 2 A2s due to severe ECs.

A English lit
A religious studies

What do I do now?

Sorry for the sad news. Do you have an insurance choice, where you will be happy to enrol? if I may ask, what is it?

I think you should start looking closely at your insurance choice. Good luck
quick question, is there an average ETA on how long it takes for the university to confirm your clearing choice? I'm assuming it's whenever the storms have died down and the phone calls stop?
Original post by mint_chocolate
I didn't know I could only add ONE clearing choice and I just randomly added one HOLY **** I'M IN DEEP ****

Call UCAS now and ask them to cancel it for you if that wasn't your favourite
Reply 9218
I've been rejected from my first choice Cambridge' they wanted A*A and I got AA. I only did 2 A2s due to severe ECs.

A English lit
A religious studies

What do I do now?

Were you close to an A* in either of them?
Maths-A*
Furthermaths-A*
Chemistry-A
Physics-B
Iam an international student who did international advanced level. So can I get an offer from cambridge university for chemical engineering.

Quick Reply