The Student Room Group

What's the latest I can defer???

Hi, so I've got my offer at my first choice uni to study, but have been thinking about deferring and having a gap year.

Basically though I can't decide if I should go. I'm not sure a feel ready to go this year.

I know it's possible to phone and defer (the uni will accept in most cases), however I'm not sure if results day is the last day this is possible? Is there a particular cut off point?

Thanks all.
Original post by Assoroe
Hi, so I've got my offer at my first choice uni to study, but have been thinking about deferring and having a gap year.

Basically though I can't decide if I should go. I'm not sure a feel ready to go this year.

I know it's possible to phone and defer (the uni will accept in most cases), however I'm not sure if results day is the last day this is possible? Is there a particular cut off point?

Thanks all.

Until you sign a contract/pay a deposit on accommodation or enrol on your course you're able to defer or withdraw. You can only defer if your university agree to it (most will)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Until you sign a contract/pay a deposit on accommodation or enrol on your course you're able to defer or withdraw. You can only defer if your university agree to it (most will)

Is it just as possible to defer for a place obtained through clearing?
Original post by Kiytt
Is it just as possible to defer for a place obtained through clearing?

You can ask - it's less likely that they'll agree - clearing exists to match applicants to places this year. Some universities will not consider deferred applications through clearing.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
You can ask - it's less likely that they'll agree - clearing exists to match applicants to places this year. Some universities will not consider deferred applications through clearing.

Thanks for the response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending