The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
If you use your brain and think about it, the example used was one person. We encountered about three or four whole separate Muslim communities.

sigh
Original post by Betelgeuse-
sigh

At least I've got some experience to share, you've probably never experienced a Muslim community outside of your petty, childish Daily Mail-inspired visions
sigh

/thread
I'm an atheist, kid

An atheist who is an expert on Sharia law, and who regards a woman baring arms (but not men doing so) as "controversial"??

Yeah right.

You are a Muslim.
At least I've got some experience to share, you've probably never experienced a Muslim community outside of your petty, childish Daily Mail-inspired visions

I have been to a few muslim countries lol

I also live either side of two large muslim families here in the UK... one across the street aswell
My arguments are all over the place?

Says the guy who replies to me with about 8 different quotes per time

I'm done replying to you, this is going in circles because you are clearly a bigot predisposed negatively towards Islam regardless of what I say

What's your aim here?

Are you honestly trying to put Islam in a good light?

Or simply try to tell people it's better not to say anything?

Because I am confused, the way you conduct yourself. makes me feel confirmed in my views, the opposite of what you seem to be arguing for.
I have been to a few muslim countries lol

I also live either side of two large muslim families here in the UK... one across the street aswell

And have you interacted with them? Or evaded contact for years because of unwarranted fears?
Reply 347
That article is deliberately disingenuous and to use it to claim that most modern violent terrorism is non-Islamist is simply dishonest.
1. It covers a period from 1980 to 2005, a period mostly before the rise of Islamist terrorism.
2. It does not define what it classes as terrorism. The majority of the recorded events are acts of vandalism or threats by animal rights and pro-life groups.

It is beyond question that the vast majority of terrorist fatalities are caused by Islamist groups.

So, tell me again how Islam accounts for 2% of terrorist attacks? Even if you only include the USA, Islamists account for about hals the attacks. So the "2%" of whatever, is deliberate dishonesty used to deflect attention.

And the graph does not include the Orlando massacre, which puts the Islamists way out in front.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by generallee
An atheist who is an expert on Sharia law, and who regards a woman baring arms (but not men doing so) as "controversial"??

Yeah right.

You are a Muslim.

I'm not a Muslim, lmfao this is actually hilarious :rofl:

I am a white british student, my parents are british and so are my grandparents and great grandparents

i'd actually send you a photo just to shut you up tbh
And have you interacted with them? Or evaded contact for years because of unwarranted fears?

Interact with some not with others. You dont seem to able to grasp that people who criticise Islam dont hate all muslims

How is this so hard for you??
Interact with some not with others. You dont seem to able to grasp that people who criticise Islam dont hate all muslims

How is this so hard for you??

I grasp that perfectly thanks, you'd know that if you actually read my posts instead of instantly attacking me because of my alternative interpretation of the problem

Do you think that going around saying **** like "Mohammed was a pedo" or otherwise hating on all Muslims makes terrorist attacks more or less likely?
Reply 351
I grasp that perfectly thanks, you'd know that if you actually read my posts instead of instantly attacking me because of my alternative interpretation of the problem

Do you think that going around saying **** like "Mohammed was a pedo" or otherwise hating on all Muslims makes terrorist attacks more or less likely?

No, you don't.
Reply 352
It's been said so many times before, democracy fundamentally supports freedom of speech, belief and religion.
But it does not give the freedom to oppress, discriminate and persecute, simply because such behaviour is allowed by a religion.

You seem unclear as to what some of these concepts entail. A little knowledge can sometimes be worse than none at all, as explained by Dunning and Kruger.

You're practically advocating for an authoritarian regime (like Nazi Germany) where freedom of belief and religion isn't allowed, which is far worse than what the very Muslims you are trying to incriminate propose.
So, you are saying that stopping people from promoting violent discrimination is worse than allowing the violent discrimination? :holmes:

Do you see how backwards your argument is?
Sprroooinggg!!!
There goes the spring on my Acme Irony-o-Meter™ again. I knew I should have bought the heavy-duty one.

Evidently you dont grasp that seeing as you implied i avoided them out of fear or prejudice. Im not attacking you, you are being rightly criticised for awful reasoning and arguments and bewildering bias to your beliefs.

I think it makes terrorist attacks neither more or less likely. I personally dont go around calling Mohammed a paedo because its unoriginal and quite well known now though would happily do so if somebody asserts he was some great virtuous hero. Again i dont hate all muslims.. why is this so difficult for you??

But it shouldn't.

Rival football fans say the darnedest things about each other. But other than brawls, do you see them going around causing terror among the fans of the enemy?

No. It's because Islam is such an evil ideology, that it incorporates the harshest actions against those openly against it.

And finally, in my eyes, if you go crazy like wanting to kill someone or burning the flag i.e. the representation of the entire, of someone in that country who said something bad about a human from more than a 1000 years ago, then you are a ****ing lunatic.
Reply 355
Did you ignore the fact that 1.6 billion Muslims evidently don't go out and kill non-believers,
There you go again, confusing "the behaviour of Muslims" with "the nature of Islamic ideology".
I'm not sure if it is through ignorance or dishonesty. Considering the number of times that the concept has been explained to you, it can only be dishonesty.
Reply 356
No you don't, given that 1.6 billion Muslims do not pose an active threat to us.
But if every Muslim started taking the Quran and sunnah literally and seriously, they would present a substantial threat.
It is not Muslims that are a problem, but the nature of the ideology that they follow.

Nazism on the other hand, posed an active threat to the entire world and democracy when it existed.
Only because Germany had the word's most powerful and efficient army at the time.
Consider if the same could be said for ISIS. How much of a threat do you think literalist Islam would pose then?

You need to stop thinking in one dimension.
You need to start thinking.
Reply 357
Thanks for proving my point, just under a third of Christians are against homosexuality, should a third of Christians be deported for having 'incompatible beliefs'?
But virtually 100% of Muslims are against homosexuality, and 50% think it should be illegal!
Not quite the same thing.
Reply 358
Do you seriously think that every single Muslim alive wants world domination? Lmfao
They believe that their god does.

Repeating the known story that mohammed had a thing for 6- 9 year olds is by no stretch of any imagination justification for terrorist attacks; only in the mind of the most dimwitted islamist is it a influencer of terrorism. so it makes it clear in which camp you sit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending