The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

Teacher:" (surprise mock) The grades you get on your mocks don't mean anything,so don't worry or stress about it, its just to see what you know and you won't need to resit if u failed"
Student: (fails mock)(doesn't care)
Teacher:frown:disspointed in the grades) "anyone below a C grade needs to resit the mock"
Student: >:frown:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Not a fib, but I used to love the way that we'd go away for the summer holidays, then one of the female teacher's name changed by the time we got back because they got married. Even more amusing when it changed to the same name as one of the male teachers :mmm:

Teacher gossip is so :mmm:

Spoiler

Original post by rebeccaslugocki
When you get hiccups it means you are growing , my teacher in reception use to say this all the time

I love the ones that are just really random :lol:
Original post by Fox Corner
Teacher gossip is so :mmm:

Spoiler

I remember one of my friends had ADHD when I was a kid and just used to blurt out whatever he was thinking. We used to have a male Learning Support Assistant come in and help around the class. Then after the summer we came back and our female teacher told us that she'd taken his name. Cue my friend "Urghhhh, Mr Collins and Miss Brown have been shagging!!!!" :rofl::rofl::rofl: He got suspended for a week.
I love the ones that are just really random :lol:

So random :lol: I knew it was a lie because here I am 17 and still as short as ever:lol:
I remember one of my friends had ADHD when I was a kid and just used to blurt out whatever he was thinking. We used to have a male Learning Support Assistant come in and help around the class. Then after the summer we came back and our female teacher told us that she'd taken his name. Cue my friend "Urghhhh, Mr Collins and Miss Brown have been shagging!!!!" :rofl::rofl::rofl: He got suspended for a week.

hahaha!!! :lol:

We once saw a male and a female teacher coming out of a pub with his arm around her - it was school gossip for ages. Then they had a baby together!!
Reply 346
"You'll enjoy Sixth Form because you'll be doing the subjects that you love." Ahahaha well this was a load of rubbish.
hahaha!!! :lol:

We once saw a male and a female teacher coming out of a pub with his arm around her - it was school gossip for ages. Then they had a baby together!!

Haha! Two of my teachers in secondary school got married and had a kid. They're both divorced now and both on Facebook and they take digs at each other through their statuses. So weird to see.

I also always see two of my former teachers hanging around together. One used to hate me because I used to mess around in class and, that old cliche, tell me I'd amount to nothing. Can't help but give her a smirk as I watch them climb out of her old banger whilst I jump into my nice new car tbh :u::rofl:
Haha! Two of my teachers in secondary school got married and had a kid. They're both divorced now and both on Facebook and they take digs at each other through their statuses. So weird to see.

PRSOM

I live for the facebook drama tbh
PRSOM

I live for the facebook drama tbh

Truth be told I'm not even on Facebook anymore, my best mate likes to keep me updated though by showing me their pages :lol: She's going out with a fitness instructor now and uploaded a photo of them together with the comment "About time I found a real man to spend my time with". ****ing ruthless :pinch:
'You got a B in GCSE. You will not get an A in AS level, that's not the way it works.'

One of my physics teachers told me something to that effect when I started sixth form. For AS level, I got the highest mark of my year (97% ums), and this year I got an A* and am going to study engineering at Cambridge.

Don't let people tell you that you cannot succeed. In fairness, my teacher no longer had that attitude after my first term of Year 12 and she isn't a bad teacher.
Original post by bioeng98
'You got a B in GCSE. You will not get an A in AS level, that's not the way it works.'

One of my physics teachers told me something to that effect when I started sixth form. For AS level, I got the highest mark of my year (97% ums), and this year I got an A* and am going to study engineering at Cambridge.

Don't let people tell you that you cannot succeed. In fairness, my teacher no longer had that attitude after my first term of Year 12 and she isn't a bad teacher.

Sometimes teachers don't realise the effect their words have on students... It's really tough! I'm glad you showed her the error of her ways by getting that amazing grade though!! :smile:
Our science teacher told us to 'experiment' and try drugs; he told us him and his friends tried drugs on themselves and on rats just to see the rats' reaction...
'If you don't do your homework you will fail your exams'
The kid who died from leaning back on a chair until its legs broke😂
Sometimes teachers don't realise the effect their words have on students... It's really tough! I'm glad you showed her the error of her ways by getting that amazing grade though!! :smile:

Luckily I'm the type of person who's motivated by that, in the 'I'll prove you wrong' sort of way. I was not discouraged, but rather inwardly seething, but I know people who would have given up. You do not tell somebody that directly to their faces.
That a levels would be easy if I just put effort into my studies and spent a lot of time revising 😭😭😭😭 #BIGGESTLIE
Reply 357
I was told that algebra is a useful life skill 🙄🙄
Reply 358
I'm writing your grades at the moment and I have given you a good grade, don't make me change it !
Original post by Snufkin
In year 10 we were told "your work experience week really, really matters - it is a huge deal"

What rubbish that was. :rofl:

not rubbish, it helps you get a part-time job

Quick Reply

Latest