The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

You can definitely try :yep:
Original post by PQ
If you don't want to study english don't go to SOAS.

Have you looked elsewhere for law clearing places?

I have but don't really like the uni's
Plus I have to stay in London
Reply 9282
Original post by BasingstokeBoy
I understand that for the overall grades, but this is just the one paper. I know I didn't get an overall A*, I just don't understand why what I have on my results sheet isn't the same as what's on AQA's website. Who would I contact about this, my school, or should I email the exam board?

That's what I just explained to you!!! A* isn't a module grade, your sheat isn't wrong. The mark scheme shows A* because it makes its easier for candidates to spot and identity not because it's the A* module grade because that doesn't exist.
Hi just wondering what cambridge policy on AS UMS averages is with the new linear A levels, got my AS results today and only 2 of the 4 have a UMS score so will they look at the average of those 2 or do it differently? Thanks:smile:
That's true
But then there's the argument...what makes you think they will take me next year
Incase they reject me
got AAC, idk how to feel
Original post by xxvine
I have but don't really like the uni's
Plus I have to stay in London

I'm not a huge fan of private universities but http://www.law.ac.uk/clearing/ is one exception. Their London LLB is in clearing and they have the industry contacts that offer a good advantage.

It isn't your typical university experience but it's worth considering.

SOAS *do* accept transfer applications into year 2 of their LLB. There's no guarantee that you'd be able to swap universities in year 2 but you'd have a stronger chance than you would on a BA English course.
I understand that for the overall grades, but this is just the one paper. I know I didn't get an overall A*, I just don't understand why what I have on my results sheet isn't the same as what's on AQA's website. Who would I contact about this, my school, or should I email the exam board?

You hit the A* requirement for the module but the actual A* grade only exists for the full qualification. It's saying that this module meets the requirement you needed to hit to get the A*.

Original post by xxvine
That's true
But then there's the argument...what makes you think they will take me next year
Incase they reject me

They may not take you next year - you may have to look elsewhere or assess your options that way but there's no point taking a course you're not sure about.
Original post by imran_
got AAC, idk how to feel

Did you get into university? :smile:

I'm 99.9% sure this is because a single paper cannot be graded A*
Original post by imran_
got AAC, idk how to feel

They're pretty amazing grades to be honest :tongue: . I'd take them :tongue:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Did you get into university? :smile:

yep to study maths and compsci at QMUL
Original post by imran_
yep to study maths and compsci at QMUL

Awesome, congratulations! I hope you have a great time there :biggrin:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
You hit the A* requirement for the module but the actual A* grade only exists for the full qualification. It's saying that this module meets the requirement you needed to hit to get the A*.

They may not take you next year - you may have to look elsewhere or assess your options that way but there's no point taking a course you're not sure about.

That's true
Need to think this through
Original post by xxvine
That's true
Need to think this through

Yep. You do. Whatever choice you make you'll be fine :smile:
Thank you so much for your advice. Going to think it through
Either go Brunel and try and transfer for second year
Or take a year out and retake to try and get A*s
what's this about nandos giving free sides out ???
Original post by PQ
I'm not a huge fan of private universities but http://www.law.ac.uk/clearing/ is one exception. Their London LLB is in clearing and they have the industry contacts that offer a good advantage.

It isn't your typical university experience but it's worth considering.

SOAS *do* accept transfer applications into year 2 of their LLB. There's no guarantee that you'd be able to swap universities in year 2 but you'd have a stronger chance than you would on a BA English course.

Exactly no guarantees
I'm probably going to retake tbh because I really want to go to SOAS
Thing is I'm not even sure I can retake with the new alevel changes
Still no news from my firm choice...
The waiting game sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by badaman
Still no news from my firm choice...
The waiting game sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you pestered them?

Quick Reply