The Student Room Group

Need help making a decision on unis

I need help making a decision about which uni to go to as I don't have the best understanding of what's important. I know it's a subjective matter but I'm really stuck. Cardiff changed my offer to just Philosophy, whereas Sterling are offering me PPE.
I'd rather not just do Philosophy by itself as it's probably a lot worse prospects wise and I would like to do something involving economics or something else, but I'd love to go to Cardiff, better uni, in a city etc....
I don't need a bunch of 200 IQ Oxbridge keyboards warriors telling me all my options are worthless, but I just need some input from someone with more sense as I have no idea what the probable best option is...ty Just some overall guidance would be appreciated
Original post by MaxRA
I need help making a decision about which uni to go to as I don't have the best understanding of what's important. I know it's a subjective matter but I'm really stuck. Cardiff changed my offer to just Philosophy, whereas Sterling are offering me PPE.
I'd rather not just do Philosophy by itself as it's probably a lot worse prospects wise and I would like to do something involving economics or something else, but I'd love to go to Cardiff, better uni, in a city etc....
I don't need a bunch of 200 IQ Oxbridge keyboards warriors telling me all my options are worthless, but I just need some input from someone with more sense as I have no idea what the probable best option is...ty Just some overall guidance would be appreciated

Are those the only two options you've considered? There are other universities in clearing offering PPE or PE that might be willing to take you.
Original post by MaxRA

Go for PPE. Not only does it have better career prospects, but it's way more interesting than sole Philosophy.
Original post by MaxRA

Why would you not want to do philosophy by itself? Could you consider doing a gap year and reapplying to Cardiff?
Reply 4
Hey Maxra

I feel your pain! I know what its like to choose between 2 completely different universities its really difficult.

The advise that i would give is that don't rush into anything as you will be studying this course for at least 3 years and that you still have loads of time to choose the right course for you. Have a look in the university forums on here and get a feel for the them, ask any questions you can, also have a look on UCAS and see if there are any other subjects that you think you might want to study.

I have been to both cities and universities and have loved them both for very different reasons :-)
Reply 5
Original post by Rhaenys10
Go for PPE. Not only does it have better career prospects, but it's way more interesting than sole Philosophy.

I agree, but it's in Sterling...in the middle of the Scottish countryside, while Cardiff is in a city :l
Original post by MaxRA
I agree, but it's in Sterling...in the middle of the Scottish countryside, while Cardiff is in a city :l

Yeah, you do have a point. Have you considered reapplying to uni? Then you could go to Cardiff, see if you like the course, and if you don't, well, you've got until January to reapply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending