The Student Room Group

AS levels and Uni

Hello, I received my AS results today. Sociology A, English Lit B, History B. Yet to my surprise I got a D in creative writing, despite my teacher continuously telling me I should be aiming for a B or A. Firstly I was wondering how badly this would impact me when I'm applying to uni... (looking to go to York, UCL, Birmingham or St Andrews). Secondly would it be worth getting remarked?
Hope every one got the grades wanted !!!

Thanks Jo.
:smile:))
Original post by Joeyy113
Hello, I received my AS results today. Sociology A, English Lit B, History B. Yet to my surprise I got a D in creative writing, despite my teacher continuously telling me I should be aiming for a B or A. Firstly I was wondering how badly this would impact me when I'm applying to uni... (looking to go to York, UCL, Birmingham or St Andrews). Secondly would it be worth getting remarked?
Hope every one got the grades wanted !!!

Thanks Jo.
:smile:))

It depends on which course you're applying to. If you're applying to a Creative Writing degree, then your creative writing mark will probably matter. But for any other subject, it won't matter, don't worry :nah:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
It depends on which course you're applying to. If you're applying to a Creative Writing degree, then your creative writing mark will probably matter. But for any other subject, it won't matter, don't worry :nah:

Even though I'm looking to do English lit at uni?... which is very close to Creative Writing...

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest