The Student Room Group

first class degree in first year??

I'm hoping to apply for a life science degree and then after year I'm planning to apply for medicine. Is it possible to obtain a first class degree in biology/chemistry/forensic science in first year of university?
You can do well enough to be on track for a first, but you can't get a whole degree in one year if that's what you're asking?
Reply 2
Original post by Neostigmine
You can do well enough to be on track for a first, but you can't get a whole degree in one year if that's what you're asking?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15889-graduate-entry-medicine-a-guide

In this link it says degree classification, I assumed that you do a life science degree for a year and then transfer for a graduate entry for medicine with a first class or 2.1 in degree classification. Is this correct
Original post by pkg7
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15889-graduate-entry-medicine-a-guide

In this link it says degree classification, I assumed that you do a life science degree for a year and then transfer for a graduate entry for medicine with a first class or 2.1 in degree classification. Is this correct

You are not a graduate after only a year of a degree. You do not 'transfer' to graduate entry medicine. You have to do a three/four year degree and then apply either in your final year or after you have graduated.
Original post by pkg7

I can't see where it says you get a dree in your first year.

Transferring to medicine from the first year of another course is something some unis do. This is not graduate entry medicine, you move from an undergrad course to undergrad medicine.

Graduate entry you need a classified degree (so to complete a degree at uni) then you can apply to graduate courses which are shorter and have lower a level requirements but will have a degree requirement of a 2.1 or above I believe.
Reply 5
Original post by Neostigmine
I can't see where it says you get a dree in your first year.

Transferring to medicine from the first year of another course is something some unis do. This is not graduate entry medicine, you move from an undergrad course to undergrad medicine.

Graduate entry you need a classified degree (so to complete a degree at uni) then you can apply to graduate courses which are shorter and have lower a level requirements but will have a degree requirement of a 2.1 or above I believe.

when transferring to medicine from the first year from an undergraduate course, do they look for your a level results
Original post by pkg7
when transferring to medicine from the first year from an undergraduate course, do they look for your a level results

You'll need to research each course that does it. I'm not sure off the top of my head. You'll need to do exceptionally well i your first year, I know that much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending