The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Well done everyone!
English Lit - D (I was ill in this exam and ended up vomiting)

Psychology - B (It's a bloody miracle I got that grade)

Philosophy - B (Is it just me, or have most people received quite low grades compared to our targeted and previous mocks?)

Overall, not spectacular. But, it'll do. I'll probably look into getting some copyscripts though.
Original post by shayankurdboy
You can if you work hard. However i got A's in C1 and C1 but d in c3 and e in c4

I am sorry to hear that
What did you get overall?
My offer for Economics with Study in Continental Europe at Bristol was AAA including maths and I got A*AB (A* in econ, A in maths, and B in Spanish) and I got rejected. Is there any way to contact the university and ask them to reconsider?
Hi i really need help and im really frustrated so i got into my firm however because i hadnt completed these DBS checks and forms to fill in before late june it means now that i cant get in this year and would have to defer my place till next year. However i didnt recieve any email or anything through the post saying anything about these forms to complete however others unis did send this to me and i did complete and send it.

The uni has said they have sent it and there isnt anything they can do since they are "full".
I feel its unfair that i cant go because of these checks that i didnt recieve that apparently cannot be done retrospectively. Is there anything i can do appeal? I really need some help
Original post by Tabath
Thats great, I wonder what is taking so long, they've had the results since the weekend? Do they give out more offers than other uni's?

No - it's a very competitive course with few places so I think they like to give the impression that they're mulling it over carefully. In reality I got my rejection an hour after that phonecall (because Durham's course regards one A* miss as an abject failure and probably automatically declines based on that alone :P).

Really annoying though.
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Same I love that it doesn't count but still want to do well

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do?

I did poorly as expected..

BDDD

B in maths
Rest in FM Chem and Bio..

I'm disappointed..
Hi
Can anyone help I have this weird situation where both my firm and Insurance are Unconditional. Is this normal ? What should I do
Hi all,

I know this is a bit off topic, but I failed to meet my offer for maths at Warwick. I needed 2A*2A ended up with A* in Maths, A in further, Bs in Chemistry and Physics. I wanted to ask for help and advice on me taking a year out, retaking some exams and reapplying. I am fairly confident I can do a lot better because some of the exams I done bad in were two or three grades below my mock results. I think it was due to Ramadan and fasting, as I usually leave revision late. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any opportunities for gap year placements, and how I would get predicted grades etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by OriginalLifelin
No I don't

You need to contact Unis to see whether you can get in through clearing. Your grades look good, imo.

If not, you can take a gap year and reapply next year. Good luck though.
Hi, I just did three paper for FM, but one of them was an A2 module (FP2). How do I then calculate the overall grade for all three modules combined? Would FP2 being A2 affect it in any way?
Original post by Inert1a
Hi all,

I know this is a bit off topic, but I failed to meet my offer for maths at Warwick. I needed 2A*2A ended up with A* in Maths, A in further, Bs in Chemistry and Physics. I wanted to ask for help and advice on me taking a year out, retaking some exams and reapplying. I am fairly confident I can do a lot better because some of the exams I done bad in were two or three grades below my mock results. I think it was due to Ramadan and fasting, as I usually leave revision late. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any opportunities for gap year placements, and how I would get predicted grades etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

First, I am not an expert on this matter, but I will give you my opinion.

Have you checked whether other Universities that you won't mind attending are offering places through clearing? If you check and there are, then you can call to make your case. They may be willing to take you on.

I am not a big fan of gap years, if you don't have anything useful to do. Many young people tend to use it for traveling, which is fair enough.

If you are certain on taking a gap year, you can look for work placements for young people in research centers, banks, universities etc. There, you can improve your CV for your reapplication next year.

as you are doing that scheme, you do retake your exams and attempt to improve your grades. In the end, you have better grades, work experience and a year off.

Good luck.
Reply 9314
Mark II available here if needed, if only for the poll. :colondollar:
Original post by SH0405
Mark II available here if needed, if only for the poll. :colondollar:

You're, like, 500 posts too early! :tongue:

Original post by Marccs
HiCan anyone help I have this weird situation where both my firm and Insurance are Unconditional. Is this normal ? What should I do

That's normal :smile: . It means you will be going to you firm choice though, so well done! :woo:
Hi, does anyone know if I have applied for clearing, do universities have to wait overnight to be able to see our results via UCAS?
Original post by Wired_1800
You need to contact Unis to see whether you can get in through clearing. Your grades look good, imo.

If not, you can take a gap year and reapply next year. Good luck though.

I'm going to reapply and sit a couple more a levels. Not to Oxbridge though, I've had enough of them to be honest
Original post by Marccs
Hi
Can anyone help I have this weird situation where both my firm and Insurance are Unconditional. Is this normal ? What should I do

what is the exact wording coming up on track?
Original post by mint_chocolate
Hi, does anyone know if I have applied for clearing, do universities have to wait overnight to be able to see our results via UCAS?

They can see your application as soon as you give them your clearing number.

Quick Reply

Latest