The Student Room Group

Did results day go better than expected?

Although I didn't receive results today, and I'm only receiving my GCSEs next week, did you guys do better or worse than you expected? Did you think exams went really badly but in the end you did alright?

Congratulations guys, and I hope you got what you wanted! :smile:
Reply 1
Well I was predicted AAAA at AS but after exams I thought I got ABBC so I'm estatic I got ABBB and i didn't get a C in maths which was amazing since I need it for Biomed (my A was in biology so I'm all good)
IT MEANS I CAN DROP PSYCHOLOGY!!!:biggrin:
got BBCD in my mocks teachers didnt think i would do super well, ended up with AAAB hahaha buzzing
Exactly as I expected. I needed AAB. Right after my last exam I said I was 100% sure I got BBB. I ended up getting BBB. It was annoying have to deal with people constantly saying "haha you never know! You could surprise yourself!" for nearly 3 months. Like ffs, I'm the one who sat the exams. I think I'd be the best judge of how they went.

But I still got into my firm ( and rejected by my insurance somehow)
Original post by AfcFob
Well I was predicted AAAA at AS but after exams I thought I got ABBC so I'm estatic I got ABBB and i didn't get a C in maths which was amazing since I need it for Biomed (my A was in biology so I'm all good)
IT MEANS I CAN DROP PSYCHOLOGY!!!:biggrin:

Original post by tombellsdfg
got BBCD in my mocks teachers didnt think i would do super well, ended up with AAAB hahaha buzzing

Original post by lucabrasi98
Exactly as I expected. I needed AAB. Right after my last exam I said I was 100% sure I got BBB. I ended up getting BBB. It was annoying have to deal with people constantly saying "haha you never know! You could surprise yourself!" for nearly 3 months. Like ffs, I'm the one who sat the exams. I think I'd be the best judge of how they went.

But I still got into my firm ( and rejected by my insurance somehow)

Congratulations guys! So glad you did well :smile:

Do you have any tips for GCSE results day? I'm just really worried because my friends really think I got straight As and although this is probably what I'm capable of, I just don't think exams went overly well :frown:
Reply 5
Ignore them, you know how well those exams went and don't be too disheartened if you don't get the "TSR standard" because I only got 1A* 8A's and 2B's yet I've somehow managed ABBB this year (thinking of getting Law remarked- it was 2UMS off an A)

Just be realistic at the moment and hope for the best, it's not the end of the world if you don't get 10A*'s
So after getting 4 As and 6 Bs in my GCSEs I was predicted 3 Bs. In my mocks I got ABC. Found out I got BCE, the E being in Maths, which means I have to retake all of Maths... other than that I'm not too fussed

Quick Reply

Latest