The Student Room Group

GCSES / why I hate it

Scroll to see replies

Firstly - that post did make sense, anyone knows no matter what order words are as long as the first and last letter is in the right place you can make out what it says. So you are just going out your way to try and make your self look good and being a dick I'm the process. If you thought it was not up to your standards there was no need to even say anything. Your being so infantile for just being darn right mean.

Secondly - "roast" criticize or reprimand severely. I think you are criticising me "you look rather stupid" , "trying to act sofisitifated" I could to on

Thirdly - the **** was you going 'lo' , like am not down on this **** but am sure it's 'lol'

Lastly - am sure you would understand if you had all pairs of 23 chromosomes, you called me dumb. You got done in by one of them. But all I did was put a post about schooling and GCSEs which I think is wrong about it and you just come in to ridicule my intellecgence. That is what is wrong. You don't even know me and you think it's acceptable to comment on anyone post like that, if you think it's okay. I Pitty you , because if you are like that in person , you will never get anywhere in life.
Original post by Enchantress13
Firstly - that post did make sense, anyone knows no matter what order words are as long as the first and last letter is in the right place you can make out what it says. So you are just going out your way to try and make your self look good and being a dick I'm the process. If you thought it was not up to your standards there was no need to even say anything. Your being so infantile for just being darn right mean.

Secondly - "roast" criticize or reprimand severely. I think you are criticising me "you look rather stupid" , "trying to act sofisitifated" I could to on

Thirdly - the **** was you going 'lo' , like am not down on this **** but am sure it's 'lol'

Lastly - am sure you would understand if you had all pairs of 23 chromosomes, you called me dumb. You got done in by one of them. But all I did was put a post about schooling and GCSEs which I think is wrong about it and you just come in to ridicule my intellecgence. That is what is wrong. You don't even know me and you think it's acceptable to comment on anyone post like that, if you think it's okay. I Pitty you , because if you are like that in person , you will never get anywhere in life.

tbh i cant be bothered to explain how pointless your reply is
just learn how to take criticism and stop crying about it.and

good luck on your gcse:biggrin:

@lahorizon
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hashtosh302
tbh i cant be bothered to explain how pointless your reply is
just learn how to take criticism and stop crying about it.and

good luck on your gcse:biggrin:

@lahorizon

When you give up and know your in the wrong and how valid my opnion is , you can't be bothered because you have nothing else to say
When you give up and know your in the wrong and how valid my opnion is , you can't be bothered because you have nothing else to say

oh my :biggrin: I honestly feel sorry for you at how naive and ingonrat you are

@lahorizon
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh how am I naive ? You are the one being ignorant putting a wall up as soon as it gets tough 😏
Oh and you spell ignorant like this : I-g-n-o-r-a-n-t
You think a normal thing to do is :
Have course work and learn all about it , probabl do really well on it and go to the test and get like a decent mark. Get a few questions wrong and looking back over it your like "**** I know that" but oh well ! I have a A on my course work and a B/C on that test . Should avarage out as a A

What actually happens :
Learn the stuff and about 2% of the course work is acknowledged stay up till countless hours revising from year 9 and only just get a pass cuz of the new GCSEs and you probably got the same question wrong even though you know how to do it , your just rubbish under tests. Then you can't get in to the uni you wanted cuz of the one question you got wrong in the GCSE , but given it now you probably could of done it. But yeah , you don't need to know the a2 + b2 = c3 for this job and uni you want

If you hate GCSE's, you're going to luuurrve A-Levels
You think a normal thing to do is :
Have course work and learn all about it , probabl do really well on it and go to the test and get like a decent mark. Get a few questions wrong and looking back over it your like "**** I know that" but oh well ! I have a A on my course work and a B/C on that test . Should avarage out as a A

What actually happens :
Learn the stuff and about 2% of the course work is acknowledged stay up till countless hours revising from year 9 and only just get a pass cuz of the new GCSEs and you probably got the same question wrong even though you know how to do it , your just rubbish under tests. Then you can't get in to the uni you wanted cuz of the one question you got wrong in the GCSE , but given it now you probably could of done it. But yeah , you don't need to know the a2 + b2 = c3 for this job and uni you want

OP, I think you need to calm down.

About 2% of the coursework is acknowledged? How do you mean? If any coursework appears to be missing, then I'd contact the exam board. IIf you mean your teacher has marked your work incorrectly, and your mark is far less, unfortunately that is the fault of the teacher, and you can do absolutely zilch about it. If you're exaggerating how little coursework counts for: I'd argue against that, most courses entail at least 15-20% coursework, and that's a pretty sensible figure tbf.

"and only just get a pass" - I'm going to assume you mean a good pass, a C. The new GCSEs haven't even been instated yet. They may be harder, but to what extent we don't yet know. Now to address the core point, a good pass normally denotes average performance, usually going up to maybe the 60-65th percentile. If everyone finds a test hard, the grade boundaries will not be as such that most people would be getting a C.

"you probably got the same question wrong even though you know how to do it , your just rubbish under tests" - exam stress is a tough topic, and is ultimately inevitible for some. But, at the end of the day, there needs to be an assessment like GCSEs, to determine which candidates are suitable to proceed to higher education, ie. A levels or otherwise. If you struggle under tests, that is a huge problem, and you should seek ways to avoid it, maybe meditation or similar, or just making sure you're sufficiently prepared to do as you wish, performance-wise, in tests, then you're rarely going to get exam stress.

"Then you can't get in to the uni you wanted cuz of the one question you got wrong in the GCSE" - Failing to get a good pass in a GCSE, a) typically is not down to one question, it is down to the performance in the paper as a whole. There are few subjects, including English Language, where maybe one question may determine the grade to a significant degree, with a 16/24 marker. Otherwise, questions that determine progress like that are rare, to say the least. b) You can retake English Language and Maths at your sixth form college, if you need to. If not, you can retake as a private candidate. It really is not the end of the world.

"But yeah , you don't need to know the a2 + b2 = c3 for this job and uni you want" - it really depends what job you're going into. i get what you mean, about some teachings being irrelevant, but just bear with it. Maths grade boundaries are quite low, with the old spec requiring around 35/100 in both papers for the C, so relatively little complex knowledge, ie. pythagoras, is required to get a good pass.

You have made plenty of spelling mistakes in your posts on this thread so if I were you, I wouldn't be correcting other people's mistakes. OP you need to stop taking everything so seriously... I understand your frustration with the system but unless there is a better solution, this is how it is going to be. So if I were you I would begin revision so that by Y11 you get the best grades possible, don't waste your time on TSR because not everyone is going to agree with you. Just try your best with what you have and you can go far.

lol i dont know why your trying to correct my mistakes when you've made so many as well

Oh how am I naive ? You are the one being ignorant putting a wall up as soon as it gets tough 😏

i admire your determination, but just leave it already :u:
Original post by lahorizon
You have made plenty of spelling mistakes in your posts on this thread so if I were you, I wouldn't be correcting other people's mistakes. OP you need to stop taking everything so seriously... I understand your frustration with the system but unless there is a better solution, this is how it is going to be. So if I were you I would begin revision so that by Y11 you get the best grades possible, don't waste your time on TSR because not everyone is going to agree with you. Just try your best with what you have and you can go far.

I understand this butt he only reason I put this on here was to get it off my chest and so I have better revising time. Also that's why I haven't been replying to posts on the same days
Original post by _gcx
OP, I think you need to calm down.

About 2% of the coursework is acknowledged? How do you mean? If any coursework appears to be missing, then I'd contact the exam board. IIf you mean your teacher has marked your work incorrectly, and your mark is far less, unfortunately that is the fault of the teacher, and you can do absolutely zilch about it. If you're exaggerating how little coursework counts for: I'd argue against that, most courses entail at least 15-20% coursework, and that's a pretty sensible figure tbf.

"and only just get a pass" - I'm going to assume you mean a good pass, a C. The new GCSEs haven't even been instated yet. They may be harder, but to what extent we don't yet know. Now to address the core point, a good pass normally denotes average performance, usually going up to maybe the 60-65th percentile. If everyone finds a test hard, the grade boundaries will not be as such that most people would be getting a C.

"you probably got the same question wrong even though you know how to do it , your just rubbish under tests" - exam stress is a tough topic, and is ultimately inevitible for some. But, at the end of the day, there needs to be an assessment like GCSEs, to determine which candidates are suitable to proceed to higher education, ie. A levels or otherwise. If you struggle under tests, that is a huge problem, and you should seek ways to avoid it, maybe meditation or similar, or just making sure you're sufficiently prepared to do as you wish, performance-wise, in tests, then you're rarely going to get exam stress.

"Then you can't get in to the uni you wanted cuz of the one question you got wrong in the GCSE" - Failing to get a good pass in a GCSE, a) typically is not down to one question, it is down to the performance in the paper as a whole. There are few subjects, including English Language, where maybe one question may determine the grade to a significant degree, with a 16/24 marker. Otherwise, questions that determine progress like that are rare, to say the least. b) You can retake English Language and Maths at your sixth form college, if you need to. If not, you can retake as a private candidate. It really is not the end of the world.

"But yeah , you don't need to know the a2 + b2 = c3 for this job and uni you want" - it really depends what job you're going into. i get what you mean, about some teachings being irrelevant, but just bear with it. Maths grade boundaries are quite low, with the old spec requiring around 35/100 in both papers for the C, so relatively little complex knowledge, ie. pythagoras, is required to get a good pass.

The new spec is supposed to be a harder grading system with the highest being a "9" and only 3% of her country will get it. However I talk about the coursework when in all honestly we get none. All the stuff we get is to be on the test
The new spec is supposed to be a harder grading system with the highest being a "9" and only 3% of her country will get it. However I talk about the coursework when in all honestly we get none. All the stuff we get is to be on the test

What year are you in?
Year 10 @_gcx

yeah whats wrong with that, coursework doesn't asses your ability because you can easily use the internet to help you

Quick Reply

Latest