UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by biojay_
Done my ukcat today.
Vr: 630
Qr: 710
Ar: 540
Sj band 1

Wasn't too bad except for abstract reasoning I was given all type 2/3 and one or two type 1+4 Qs which I felt was very unfair but what can you do.

Is QR as easy as everyone's making it out to be?
Original post by Harpal10
Did my UKCAT today, quite happy with the results bar the VR, I didn't usually get the band 1 in mocks. QR was a bit easier than mocks but the time pressure got to me a bit. AR was around the same as the mocks, maybe a bit easier too.

VR-580
QR-750
AR-720
SJT-Band 1

Amazing result! what were u scoring in mocks and i dont know how to not fail in VR considering how hard everyone is saying it is i can only just get 630 in practice! :frown:
Reply 2602
hi guys, does the mark for Decision making appear on the result sheet in 2016?
Original post by chaz16
hi guys, does the mark for Decision making appear on the result sheet in 2016?

No. Neither you nor the university will get your result for it.
In AR, was there a type of question out of the four that was more prevelant?
Original post by clairebear101
Amazing result! what were u scoring in mocks and i dont know how to not fail in VR considering how hard everyone is saying it is i can only just get 630 in practice! :frown:
I think the highest I've scored in the mocks is 667 avg, my highest score for any section was 750.

VR scores fluctuated in the mocks I did - I think my highest was 33/44 and in mock C I got 709, honestly in the real thing I couldn't wait for it to be over. I'd advise to just get familiar with the walls of text and keep a steady pace. The passages weren't necessarily longer but you need a lot of practice.

QR I found the first few sets to be easy but then a couple of hard sets in a row I had to guess. AR was pretty good throughout, I probably made some silly mistakes though. SJT had clear cut answers on par with medify, they weren't as 'ethically sensitive' as the ISC 1000 questions book that I practiced with.

GL!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2606
Hi,
Did my ukcat and I really regret it now ughh
AR - 650
QR - 680
VR - 500
Average : 610
Which unis can I possibly apply for now fgs?
I was thinking of barts, Newcastle, Imperial and Southampton
Any chance?
Original post by Abubakr 7232
Hi,
AR - 650
QR - 680
VR - 500
Any chance?

As far as I know, Barts, Newcastle, and Southampton are all quite UKCAT heavy so you may have to research some alternative choices. I think there is a spreadsheet detailing how each med school use the UKCAT. Barts may be an option if you have stellar academics as they use 50:50 UKCAT and UCAS tariff.
Hi,
AR - 650
QR - 680
VR - 500
Any chance?

Applying to barts, Newcastle and southampton with a 610 will most likely mean a rejection I am afraid.
Hiya. I will be doing my UKCAT soon. Just wanted to know if the AR is similar to 600 book. Because Once you do the practice ones the mock AR is really easy. So is the real AR similar level as the 600Q book. Thank you
Hi,
AR - 650
QR - 680
VR - 500
Any chance?

Why do u regret it, if u did lots of prep then u did ur best and so you couldnt have done any more from delaying it
Original post by Natalierm2707
Applying to barts, Newcastle and southampton with a 610 will most likely mean a rejection I am afraid.
Barts requires ukcat score to be in 3rd or higher decile. 3rd decile is quite a low requirement in itself isn't it?
Hi, I'm taking my ukcat tomorrow and had a quick question for anyone who's done it,
what is the on screen calculator like in the exam, is it like the medify one or the official mock paper calculator.

I know its not a big deal but the fact that the calc in the official mock always disappears when you click away or chang page is super frustrating!!!

Thanks
:smile:
I think the highest I've scored in the mocks is 667 avg, my highest score for any section was 750.

VR scores fluctuated in the mocks I did - I think my highest was 33/44 and in mock C I got 709, honestly in the real thing I couldn't wait for it to be over. I'd advise to just get familiar with the walls of text and keep a steady pace. The passages weren't necessarily longer but you need a lot of practice.

QR I found the first few sets to be easy but then a couple of hard sets in a row I had to guess. AR was pretty good throughout, I probably made some silly mistakes though. SJT had clear cut answers on par with medify, they weren't as 'ethically sensitive' as the ISC 1000 questions book that I practiced with.

GL!

What was your score?
Barts requires ukcat score to be in 3rd or higher decile. 3rd decile is quite a low requirement in itself isn't it?

Yes but with medicine what you have to understand is a requirement and what is likely to get an interview is very different. Barts wont accept anyone below the 3rd decile, they then use the ucas tarriff score combined 50:50 with the UKCAT score and the highest scorers get invited to interview, this means a score above the 3rd decile may not neccesarily mean an interview.
Yes but with medicine what you have to understand is a requirement and what is likely to get an interview is very different. Barts wont accept anyone below the 3rd decile, they then use the ucas tarriff score combined 50:50 with the UKCAT score and the highest scorers get invited to interview, this means a score above the 3rd decile may not neccesarily mean an interview.
Ahh, yes I get what you mean, it really is super competitive
What are our choices if we don't do well?
Anyone know when the deciles will be released for this years UKCAT?
Original post by AnatomyGrad
Anyone know when the deciles will be released for this years UKCAT?

Early October (I think it may be the 10th...)

Original post by natalia.medicine
What are our choices if we don't do well?

If you're applying to medicine, there is always the opportunity to do the BMAT, and some universities use the UKCAT less than others, such as Cardiff (You need a lot of A*s at GCSE, though) and I think Keele.
(edited 7 years ago)

480 tariff and 793 UKCAT good enough for Barts? I know you won't know precisely but do you think that'll be okay? I'm worried about my tariff

Quick Reply

Latest