The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zzFishstick
I'm a penultimate year student without any SW, but some general work experience in a couple small, local places. Is it better to apply for a SW and try to convert or to apply straight for a SA role? My impression is that without a SW, it's very rare to get a summer internship. Any suggestions?

You can get a SA without a SW (ive done it).. its normally FT that you cant get without SA! So smash some SA apps
Original post by zzFishstick
I'm a penultimate year student without any SW, but some general work experience in a couple small, local places. Is it better to apply for a SW and try to convert or to apply straight for a SA role? My impression is that without a SW, it's very rare to get a summer internship. Any suggestions?

summer apps don't need a previous SW, not many ppl have a spring week before they intern! Best of luck*
Hey guys, just wanted to ask if you can apply for an off cycle internship and a graduate programme at a bank in the same cycle? Would they count as separate applications? or is that entirely dependent on where you apply?

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.
Email from JP Morgan this evening on a query about their application form - I vaguely remember discussion about this like 20 pages ago.

Turns out their application form broke when they initially put it up and didn't include the motivational question and the one where you have to summarise a news article. The person who emailed me from their EMEA IB recruitment team told me to delete my application and restart to be eligible.
Original post by m.vilas
Yeah, you have 48 hours after sending off your application

Is it just a numerical or a verbal too?
Original post by m.vilas
Anyone know about boutiques and how to get involved?

I did a spring week at Canaccord this year and know for a fact they are doing summer placements. Best to contact HR I would say.
Original post by bored565
Email from JP Morgan this evening on a query about their application form - I vaguely remember discussion about this like 20 pages ago.

Turns out their application form broke when they initially put it up and didn't include the motivational question and the one where you have to summarise a news article. The person who emailed me from their EMEA IB recruitment team told me to delete my application and restart to be eligible.

just to answer your question on my source for the percentile cut-off. i did two SWs at BBs and HR told me this.
They also have you repeat them in the AC and you have to get a similar score. so don't cheat on those with friends. in my AC for a summer internship last year two out of the 5 guys failed the re-test. i need not say that they were not chosen :wink:
Anyone know when the Morgan Stanley Investment Management summer internship opens?
Original post by TheParham
You can get a SA without a SW (ive done it).. its normally FT that you cant get without SA! So smash some SA apps

Original post by sreddy17
summer apps don't need a previous SW, not many ppl have a spring week before they intern! Best of luck*

Cheers for the responses. I guess I'll apply straight for a SA position.
Original post by bored565

Did you contact them or did they contact you? I also sent off my app without saw the motivational questions. Thks
Reply 750
Does anyone have aby experience with Dartmouth Partners?
They reached out (LinkedIn) and offered me a meeting-interview (no application). How legit is it?
It would be good to have a list of all the opening dates for the bulge brackets for the internships if anyone has one? Or if not, anyway to find out?
Original post by Deltasierra27
It would be good to have a list of all the opening dates for the bulge brackets for the internships if anyone has one? Or if not, anyway to find out?

Don't think there is a way, I really wanna know when DB open

+ does anyone know if lazard have online tests?
Reply 753
Original post by Dante991
Don't think there is a way, I really wanna know when DB open

+ does anyone know if lazard have online tests?

Yep got invited to SJT today. According to website, it's followed by verbal then numerical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deltasierra27

I'm sure there is an article on efinancialcareers if you look there. I think most open 1st September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 755
I made it to a top bank's final round last year for SA, is there a point reapplying this year or will I be straight in the rejection pile?
Also, i guess my answers to online app motivation questions were good enough - is it a complete no no to reuse some of the content? (Referring to a question like 'what do you know about the division' or 'greatest achievement' etc., not CL). I'm thinking chances are someone else will be reading it, even if it's the same person, they probs won't remember my app and banks aren't technically allowed to use old applications to judge you..

Posted from TSR Mobile
For pure AM places like schroders , will they take on recent grads for their summer positions or can you only apply for grad if you've already graduated?
Original post by dasu95
I made it to a top bank's final round last year for SA, is there a point reapplying this year or will I be straight in the rejection pile?
Also, i guess my answers to online app motivation questions were good enough - is it a complete no no to reuse some of the content? (Referring to a question like 'what do you know about the division' or 'greatest achievement' etc., not CL). I'm thinking chances are someone else will be reading it, even if it's the same person, they probs won't remember my app and banks aren't technically allowed to use old applications to judge you..

I cant see why it would go straight to rejection pile, almost everyone applies to banks 2-3 times at least in total (for SW SA FT etc )..
Reply 758
Best material to buy/use for free to prepare for the online tests?
Reply 759
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got to CS final round for autumn internship after previously being rejeted to SW, SA, Offcycle, FT and SA again,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending