The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

I got an E but have been receiving B/A grades for the last couple of months.
Original post by Mia66
I'm six marks away from an A 😭 Tempted to get a remark but...

This is probably a stupid question but how do you know how many marks off you are?? Do you have your raw marks?
did anyone even get that A???//
Original post by SGHD26716
I got a B. I need four marks for an A. Do you think I should remark.

Hi,
How did you get your marks, I cannot see my marks for any OCR subjects it's so annoy. If you know can you help me please!
Reply 1664
Original post by ChelK321
This is probably a stupid question but how do you know how many marks off you are?? Do you have your raw marks?

I rang my sixform after opening results and they gave me the break down of the scores aha
Reply 1665
Original post by Mariamjaan
Hi,
How did you get your marks, I cannot see my marks for any OCR subjects it's so annoy. If you know can you help me please!

They were on the results sheet. Not individual units but the whole
They were on the results sheet. Not individual units but the whole

I had just grades on the result sheet and I asked for individual units. my teacher told we cannot access for the OCR. 🙄
I got a B. I need four marks for an A. Do you think I should remark.

the boundaries are like 10 marks apart so it's a little bit risky but unlikely you'll lose 7 marks tbh
Original post by agahaga
did anyone even get that A???//

Yeh loads did in my school

Think it was 18% nationally
I got a B :smile: hope to get an A next year
Reply 1670
I had just grades on the result sheet and I asked for individual units. my teacher told we cannot access for the OCR. 🙄

Your teacher is a liar.
Your teacher is a liar.
False.

My teacher couldn't access them yet, either, so my teacher is going to try again next week, I think :smile:
Got an A too :smile:
Original post by Mia66
I rang my sixform after opening results and they gave me the break down of the scores aha

Ohh ok haha thanks!:colondollar:
I got an A, it says 135 points but I don't know what my raw score is.... Does anyone know how to convert back? Unless it is my raw score in the wrong column...?
Original post by laa1519
I got an A, it says 135 points but I don't know what my raw score is.... Does anyone know how to convert back? Unless it is my raw score in the wrong column...?

We don't have UMS for the new linear qualifications.
Original post by Gogregg
We don't have UMS for the new linear qualifications.

But for my other new spec exams e.g chemistry it says 87 marks and 105 points?
Original post by ImagineCats
Considering I was getting Us all year, I got a D! I can apply for genetics woheeeeeeeeeeeey

I'm with you brother !!! D's for Harambe
Original post by laa1519

the 135 points is not UMS, it your ucas points. A gets you 135 points B=120 C=15 etc
There is no UMS for the new spec and so your grade is based on your raw score. You can ask your teachers for it as they can find out for you.
Reply 1679
How would remarking work in the new AS levels? I don't know my individual unit scores but the whole AS score of 140. So, when remarking, will both papers be marked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending