The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ColossalAtom
Why not take Law if you want to do...Law? That's like saying don't take Maths if you want to do Maths at uni.

well maths is offered by the vast majority (if not all) sixth forms whereas law is much more niche
and there are some universities that advise against taking it, which i believe has something to do with the fact that it's taught in a simplified way so you have to relearn it properly at uni, so it's seen as better to do hard essay subjects like english lit and history (although i have seen someone get in for law with all sciences at a level)
This time next week we shall know our grades..
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
well maths is offered by the vast majority (if not all) sixth forms whereas law is much more niche
and there are some universities that advise against taking it, which i believe has something to do with the fact that it's taught in a simplified way so you have to relearn it properly at uni, so it's seen as better to do hard essay subjects like english lit and history (although i have seen someone get in for law with all sciences at a level)

Interesting.
Original post by sahil19
This time next week we shall know our grades..

Yep and I'm pretty scared about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Yep and I'm pretty scared about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been making a big deal out of it for the last month and then A-level results day came around and made it look so insignificant haha; doubt I'll be saying that on RD though!
Original post by sahil19
I think they're decent, I want to do law as well. I've picked History, Economics and Politics.

Perfect combo for a law degree completely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahil19
I've been making a big deal out of it for the last month and then A-level results day came around and made it look so insignificant haha; doubt I'll be saying that on RD though!

I know what you mean! I think on the day I'll wake up at 5 or something and be stuck just sitting while slowly going mad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I know what you mean! I think on the day I'll wake up at 5 or something and be stuck just sitting while slowly going mad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully the grade boundaries will put our minds at rest!
Original post by sahil19
Hopefully the grade boundaries will put our minds at rest!

Hopefully!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bahamian here!Just wanted to wish you all goodluck on results day. I got my BGCSE results today and i didnt do so well cause whoever make our exams was muscii smoking :angry: and made it super hard but Imma be proud through you guys loll. Well wishes and i hope everyone's grades be fresh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexissmith242
Bahamian here!Just wanted to wish you all goodluck on results day. I got my BGCSE results today and i didnt do so well cause whoever make our exams was muscii smoking :angry: and made it super hard but Imma be proud through you guys loll. Well wishes and i hope everyone's grades be fresh.

Sorry to hear about that! Thanks for the wish of luck.
Yo guys I'm the guy doin 17 gcse's.
Thank God🙏🏽👆🏽(Alhamdulilah). I got my A( highest grade😊) in Additional Maths.
Anyone else doing Additional Maths let me know what you got.
Still waiting for the rest of my gcse results.
1 down 16 to go😋
Original post by trollface54
1 down 16 to go😋

Congrats!!!

I got an A in my FSMQ too, so surprised they came out today and not next Thursday
Original post by trollface54
1 down 16 to go😋

Congratulations! I don't know how you coped with 17, but you must be very strong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you everyone
All I want next week is to make everyone proud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one who felt like every exam went well but still feels like I'm going to fail everything ? :frown:
Original post by libertygrace
Am I the only one who felt like every exam went well but still feels like I'm going to fail everything ? :frown:

You're not alone. That's exactly how I feel and I don't understand it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by libertygrace

Yeah I feel a bit like that
if i get an A in gcse edexcel maths do you think i would be capable of doing further maths??

Latest