The Student Room Group

Deloitte online blended assessment?

Scroll to see replies

Can anybody provide some insight into Cosmic Cadet? Has anybody been rejected after this stage?
Reply 61
Hi Woiefjgtl,If you log onto your application through the deloitte graduate portal. Then if you click view application, there should be a link on the right hand side to view your results from the cosmic cadet app. If your looking for the results of your online assessment, they are sent you via email.
Original post by sreddy17
hey - yeah I've just received the invite to do the tests this morning!

Me too :smile: good luck!
Original post by jxh499
Hi Woiefjgtl,If you log onto your application through the deloitte graduate portal. Then if you click view application, there should be a link on the right hand side to view your results from the cosmic cadet app. If your looking for the results of your online assessment, they are sent you via email.

hey Jxh just wondered how you would recommend practicing for the tests? I know you suggested jobMi , is there anything else? Especially regarding the verbal stuff, I'm pretty confident for the numerical.

Also can you do the numerical, then do the verbal the next day or do u have to complete all in one day?

Thanks so much!*
Original post by jxh499
What's really interesting is that they gave me my results, a feedback sheet of my assessment literally moments after completing the test. J

Hi, you say that you received a feedback sheet moments after the test, exactly how quick was this as I submitted my test almost an hour ago but I am yet to receive anything by email?
Reply 65
@sreddy17, i used the JobMi and then just googled for free practice papers, whilst they aren't by the specific same provider, as Capp testing is time recorded not restricted, I found that practising on other providers tests did help. Just google 'free practice aptitude test, numeracy test, verbal reasoning etc.@HardemanSam, It was literally within moments, it came through pretty much after the screen saying we are calculating your results faded. Try checking your junk folder perhaps/?
Hey all,

Just found this thread. I passed the screening and was told I'd made it through to the next stage last week. Got an email this morning saying my application was on hold due to there being so many candidates and that they'll begin shortlisting after the 19th, assessing against a benchmark. So that's the new thing.

At least it's nice a level of communication from Deloitte, better than a lot of firms!
Reply 67
Original post by HardemanSam
Hi, you say that you received a feedback sheet moments after the test, exactly how quick was this as I submitted my test almost an hour ago but I am yet to receive anything by email?

My email with the feedback report arrived within two minutes of completing the test - some of the other emails from recruitment seemed to end up in my spam folder so it might be worth checking there as well.**
Reply 68
@CaptainBumBum - sorry to hear about that, out of interest what service line had you applied for? Im guessing this shortlisting means people they are taking through to interview?
Original post by jcm222
My email with the feedback report arrived within two minutes of completing the test - some of the other emails from recruitment seemed to end up in my spam folder so it might be worth checking there as well.**

I've checked my spam folder and it's not gone through to that either. A little worried now but I've gone back onto my application and it says my 'application is in review post tests'. I guess I'll just wait till Deloitte get in touch again?
I am terrible at numerical tests any advice?
Reply 71
Original post by HardemanSam
I've checked my spam folder and it's not gone through to that either. A little worried now but I've gone back onto my application and it says my 'application is in review post tests'. I guess I'll just wait till Deloitte get in touch again?

Yeah, you should hear back within 3 working days anyway! I heard back in less than 2.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jxh499
@CaptainBumBum - sorry to hear about that, out of interest what service line had you applied for? Im guessing this shortlisting means people they are taking through to interview?

I applied for financial advisory, what about you? Yeah, it seems to me like they're shortlisting for the interview now rather than interviewing everyone who passed screening. So I guess on hold could really just mean on hold as they take another look. Unless I've already been dinged, that is... ah, the happy uncertainty of the waiting game
Original post by CaptainBumBum
I applied for financial advisory, what about you? Yeah, it seems to me like they're shortlisting for the interview now rather than interviewing everyone who passed screening. So I guess on hold could really just mean on hold as they take another look. Unless I've already been dinged, that is... ah, the happy uncertainty of the waiting game

financial advisory as in m and a advisory?
financial advisory as in m and a advisory?

Yup
Yup

oh sweet same here, any tips for the tests?
oh sweet same here, any tips for the tests?

Ah nice one - good luck!

For the tests, I really wouldn't worry too much. For example, the maths itself in the numerical is quite simple and straightforward. I wasn't rushing through it at all (double checking answers, etc) and scored average, which seems to be in line with what others have said on this thread.

With the verbal stuff, again just take your time to understand what's going on and think through answers. It can be quite tricky/pedantic in the ones where you have to decide whether a statement is true/false/can't say based on the text and I found myself what wondering what it means for something to be REALLY true or false.

In any case, still *much* less likely to cause an existential crisis than the rocket game.

With the grammar/spelling correction exercise, I think it's a bit hit and miss. You might miss a mistake or two which is fine, but I found myself adding a comma or two in places and once you go down that road it can get subjective... so, yeah just use your judgement there I guess!

Hope that helps a bit!
Ah nice one - good luck!

For the tests, I really wouldn't worry too much. For example, the maths itself in the numerical is quite simple and straightforward. I wasn't rushing through it at all (double checking answers, etc) and scored average, which seems to be in line with what others have said on this thread.

With the verbal stuff, again just take your time to understand what's going on and think through answers. It can be quite tricky/pedantic in the ones where you have to decide whether a statement is true/false/can't say based on the text and I found myself what wondering what it means for something to be REALLY true or false.

In any case, still *much* less likely to cause an existential crisis than the rocket game.

With the grammar/spelling correction exercise, I think it's a bit hit and miss. You might miss a mistake or two which is fine, but I found myself adding a comma or two in places and once you go down that road it can get subjective... so, yeah just use your judgement there I guess!

Hope that helps a bit!

yeah that's great thanks so much.
Oh yeah also can you do one test and then leave it until th day after and do the next test?
So u do the numerical then verbal day after or not?*
Reply 78
@CaptainBumBum, I've applied for risk advisory, which whilst competitive isn't nearly as competitive as financial advisory! @sreddy7, I believe you have to sit it all in one go, from the emails it seems that way, and the way it structures, the tests follow one after the other without a definitive break
Original post by jcm222
Yeah the verbal dexterity seems really hard to do well in! I thought I was doing okay at it, but I got below average as well!*

Does anyone know when the first round interviews normally take place?*

Not sure on when the first round interviews take place but just wondering, did you get your report back immediately as well? I know jnx said he/she did but I took my test yesterday morning and still haven't got the report. I hope that doesn't mean I messed it up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending