The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi everybody!

Congratulations to everyone who has met their offers. Who else is going to study engineering? :biggrin:
Original post by Krollo
I did for maths, FM, physics, econ and general studies. Needless to say the number of lives I have can be counted on no hands, but that's by the by

Nah that's insane dude, I'm 100% certain that no matter how much I prepared I would've made mistakes somewhere and not got all 100's, crazy.
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
hey man congratulations on meeting your offer.
What were your final grades on subjects including last year, if I may?

A*A*BB
Sat new a level AFM got a B(i know ****ing hell lol)
Resat physics and got a B again lololz
Original post by Krollo
I did for maths, FM, physics, econ and general studies. Needless to say the number of lives I have can be counted on no hands, but that's by the by

haha I got it for Physics as well, first in my school's history to get it
Original post by bioeng98
Hi everybody!

Congratulations to everyone who has met their offers. Who else is going to study engineering? :biggrin:

I am :biggrin:

Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul

Leave it! You're in, that's all that matters :h: I said to my maths teacher that I'm sad I didn't get the A* there, but he told me that I won't care in a few months, which is probably true!

But it's 1 mark so I think I might as well...

Anyways congrats on getting in, knew you would :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
A*A*BB
Sat new a level AFM got a B(i know ****ing hell lol)
Resat physics and got a B again lololz

Oh well haha you're still in!
Original post by Whizbox
Anyone get the mythical 600/600 in any of their A levels?

Edexcel Maths
AQA Physics
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Oh snap, it seems to have happened to the best of us (but nonetheless well done Student!)
I'm just imagining the ATs face like wtf she met her offer but got the lower grade in the subject she wants to do 😒

He really deserved it - he worked his arse off for physics. I remember how disappointed he was after his Unit 4 in January, but I kept telling him he'd get full UMS on Unit 5 (and he did!)

It's just the exam board, I swear - Edexcel Physics is the worst, and it's barely actual physics anyway. :lol:

How far were you from the A*? My Unit 5 was a lot worse than I expected, but got an A* in Unit 4 lol
How does one go about getting full ums in a physics ISA :eek:
Original post by Messier31
How does one go about getting full ums in a physics ISA :eek:

Memorise the mark schemes of every single previous ISA; learn not to answer questions like a reasonable person would, but rather in the way an examiner would; there is no time limit on the practical part itself (well, within what is possible with your teachers and school), so do lots of working for the written test there.
Anyone else at Pembroke? Also, any one else studying philosophy?
Original post by C0balt
Good good XD

Congrats! Gl for A levels too

Hahaha you'll be fine though, good luck today

Congratulations 🎉

Original post by EnglishMuon
yeah ffs I marked urs and predicted urs within 3 marks of ur actual score but zacin over here thought he'd rather enjoy intense psycological torture over a couple months come on fam

Haha, thanks guys. Sorry for the late reply. And yeah, English Muon, likewise mate, I kept telling you that you had the S in the bag, but you refused to believe me. :lol:
Original post by jneill

Thanks for everything, jneill, you're a gem. :smile:

I can't believe
it Im shaking omg actually going to Cambridge wtaaaaaaf

I know, right?! It's so surreal.
Original post by Zacken
Thanks for everything, jneill, you're a gem. :smile:

I know, right?! It's so surreal.

Zacken.
When u flying.
What flight.
I will pick u up on my gondola.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! Is anyone else here studying Engineering or going to Trinity?
Original post by Whizbox
haha I got it for Physics as well, first in my school's history to get it

Meanwhile, in my east london school, 1 A* in physics in the last two years.
I did even get close. LOLOLOl.
Original post by C0balt
Thanks and
You too!
Did you delete FB again?

LOLlLLLLL.
Lads, she knows the struggle of Duke Glacia.
#FindHIM #findduke
Original post by Ayman!
He really deserved it - he worked his arse off for physics. I remember how disappointed he was after his Unit 4 in January, but I kept telling him he'd get full UMS on Unit 5 (and he did!)

It's just the exam board, I swear - Edexcel Physics is the worst, and it's barely actual physics anyway. :lol:

How far were you from the A*? My Unit 5 was a lot worse than I expected, but got an A* in Unit 4 lol

That's the thing, I was so far off an A* it's really disheartening. I got 94 UMS in unit 4, 87 UMS in unit 5 but 60/60 in the coursework (lol). In total 29 UMS off in a subject that I was so sure was one of my A*s :frown: It's made me think that I am a crap physicist and not really worthy of my place tbh.
*BTW I got 96% UMS at AS Level so I really don't know what happened
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm on my fone for the past 2 days until my PC gets fixed so I'll reply asap but meanwhile thanks alot everyone and grats to all who made it and to all who couldn't meet the offer . Don't worry it's not the end of the world and I failed once too. And I'm pretty sure wherever you guys go you'll all do fantasticaly. So pls cheer up:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending