The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by RDKGames
Correct. Though uhh... you said that 0.12/12=1/100 then on the next line you proceeded to work out 3/300 through manipulation? Why? You know that 3/300=1/100 right? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1001
Correct.

What do I do on the one above?its still a decimal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
What do I do on the one above?its still a decimal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Multiply top and bottom by 10 once more. Come on you've done these types of conversions yesterday :P
Reply 1003
Multiply top and bottom by 10 once more. Come on you've done these types of conversions yesterday :P

Oh I'd rather times it by 1000

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Oh I'd rather times it by 1000

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. If in doubt just keep multiplying top and bottom by 10 until you have integers on both.
Reply 1005

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1009
Yep. :smile:

Did this.
Can you do something on bounds please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Did this.
Can you do something on bounds please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apologies for the delay, I was dealing with some uni stuff. :smile:

Anyhow, that's correct. If you give me an example of a bounds question I'll be able to help you as I forgot what bounds are like at GCSE level.
Reply 1011

Anyhow, that's correct. If you give me an example of a bounds question I'll be able to help you as I forgot what bounds are like at GCSE level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1012

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1013

Here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1014
Sorry my tsr froze before!
:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Sorry my tsr froze before!
:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Think of bounds like two extreme cases of a particular value; one will be the lowest possible one, and the other will be the highest possible one. All the numbers between the two will make up a range of values that will round to that particular value.

Explanation, bear with me as I can find this difficult to explain in any simpler terms:

Spoiler

The two bounds of the first one would be 1.5cm (lower bound) and 2.5cm (upper bound). So the maximum length would be 2.5cm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1016
Think of bounds like two extreme cases of a particular value; one will be the lowest possible one, and the other will be the highest possible one. All the numbers between the two will make up a range of values that will round to that particular value.

Explanation, bear with me as I can find this difficult to explain in any simpler terms:

Spoiler

The two bounds of the first one would be 1.5cm (lower bound) and 2.5cm (upper bound). So the maximum length would be 2.5cm.

Thank you so much.

Can you do the first question on paper please and how you'd lay it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1017

I tried the first question myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I tried the first question myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good. No need to show the progression with the increasing 9s though. A simple inequality would suffice.
Reply 1019
That's good. No need to show the progression with the increasing 9s though. A simple inequality would suffice.

How do I do Q2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest