The Student Room Group

is it worth getting AS's remarked?

i'm an AS student and received;
Maths A
Economics B
Chemistry C
Biology D

i'm hoping to study maths and economics at Warwick, i believe the entry requirements are A* AA

so my question is, is it worth getting biology and chemistry remarked because i think my teachers use this as a basis for predicted grades?
Original post by nicoledsk
i'm an AS student and received;
Maths A
Economics B
Chemistry C
Biology D

i'm hoping to study maths and economics at Warwick, i believe the entry requirements are A* AA

so my question is, is it worth getting biology and chemistry remarked because i think my teachers use this as a basis for predicted grades?

If you believe you actually did better than that, sure, but if you think it's fair reflection of how your exam went, then there's no point, since it won't change :nah: . You could retake them next year and get your teachers to predict you higher when you tell them you're retaking them?
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
If you believe you actually did better than that, sure, but if you think it's fair reflection of how your exam went, then there's no point, since it won't change :nah: . You could retake them next year and get your teachers to predict you higher when you tell them you're retaking them?

good point, they don't count anyway (except for maths) i'm just concerned for my predicted grades.
Original post by nicoledsk
good point, they don't count anyway (except for maths) i'm just concerned for my predicted grades.

Predicted grades are completely down to the discretion of the teacher providing them. Go and have a chat with them when school starts again, explain the situation and see if they will help you :yep: . I know a bunch of teachers who gave strong predicted grades to those who were willing to re-take exams, so it didn't hinder them. I hope you can work out something similar!

Quick Reply

Latest