The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire 2016 - Commuting to Uni

Hey! :smile: Is there anyone else going to herts uni in September and commuting? Feel like I'm the only one

Scroll to see replies

Original post by glamwithglitter
Hey! :smile: Is there anyone else going to herts uni in September and commuting? Feel like I'm the only one

Hey! I'm commuting to Herts in september☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah i commute too it's not bad.. Hate park n ride thou
I did it the whole of last year and it was aite.
I'm gonna be commuting from north London and its gonna take me about 1hr 30mins to get to uni. About the bus fair how much would I have to pay to the bus driver since I can't use my Oyster card? Really confused about this
(edited 7 years ago)
I found out that I have to pay a ticket fare of £19 per week and I was wondering where and who do I pay this money to??
Original post by Yasmin.Ibrahim22
I found out that I have to pay a ticket fare of £19 per week and I was wondering where and who do I pay this money to??

whereabouts do you live? I think you pay when u get on the bus
Original post by Ashaibrahim5
whereabouts do you live? I think you pay when u get on the bus

I live in Edgware so basically I have to take the 614 bus and it says on the Uno bus website that Herts students have to pay £19 a week or £3.50per day so I was wondering do I pay it to the bus driver?
Original post by Yasmin.Ibrahim22
I live in Edgware so basically I have to take the 614 bus and it says on the Uno bus website that Herts students have to pay £19 a week or £3.50per day so I was wondering do I pay it to the bus driver?

When I went for my interview I paid it to the bus driver so I think so
you can choose to pay in cash, but sometimes they don't have enough change .

I'd advise getting the intalink app from any App Store as you can purchase uno m-tickets . so buy tickets on phone, click the ticket when u get on bus present it in front of scanner . no cash needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lukeisfantasy
you can choose to pay in cash, but sometimes they don't have enough change .

I'd advise getting the intalink app from any App Store as you can purchase uno m-tickets . so buy tickets on phone, click the ticket when u get on bus present it in front of scanner . no cash needed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much
Reply 11
For everyone commuting to hertfordshire, how long are your journeys?
Original post by Summayya

Mine is 50mins by bus
Original post by Summayya

Mine is about 20/30 minute drive, depending on traffic

Posted from TSR Mobile
1hr 40, but that was last year. Living on campus this year.
I'm also commuting, it's an hour and a half by public transport and a lot of expense but nowhere near as much as accommodation. Hopefully I'll get a car soon and that will cut my commute to 30-40 minutes depending on the M25 traffic.
Reply 16
Hi also commuting to UoH by car, does anyone know if there is free student car parking or if you have to pay because I really can't find any info on it - thanks in advance
Hey! I'm commuting from Barnet! Anyone local?
Original post by Akh_Moh
Hi also commuting to UoH by car, does anyone know if there is free student car parking or if you have to pay because I really can't find any info on it - thanks in advance

We have a park and ride with 800 spaces . 50p a day and there's a shuttle that runs to both campuses. open from 8am till 10pm every weekday during term time .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by lukeisfantasy
We have a park and ride with 800 spaces . 50p a day and there's a shuttle that runs to both campuses. open from 8am till 10pm every weekday during term time .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that man, is it 50p to park then 50p for each bus journey or 50p for the whole thing? Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending