The Student Room Group

a2 chemistry

should i take A2 chemistry next year or not? i just got my results today and i acheived an A in all 3 units but im not sure whether i should carry on with it next year considering my teacher is VERYYYYYY crap so i basically have o study it by myself .. is it way harder than AS ?? if i dont take it i lose my opportunity in studying medicine and dentistry and pharmacy since the uni im going to requires chem but thats what ive always wanted to do.. idk can someone help me and make everything clearer cos if its extremely hard it might not be worth it .. i need to decide within 3 days so pleaseee help .thanks x
Original post by pondsteps
should i take A2 chemistry next year or not? i just got my results today and i acheived an A in all 3 units but im not sure whether i should carry on with it next year considering my teacher is VERYYYYYY crap so i basically have o study it by myself .. is it way harder than AS ?? if i dont take it i lose my opportunity in studying medicine and dentistry and pharmacy since the uni im going to requires chem but thats what ive always wanted to do.. idk can someone help me and make everything clearer cos if its extremely hard it might not be worth it .. i need to decide within 3 days so pleaseee help .thanks x

First of all, congrats on your A.
If the course you want to study requires Chem then I would certainly suggest continuing it.
Reply 2
Do it.

What you want to study needs it, so just work your ass off at it if your teacher isn't good enough. You got an A so you're clearly capable of doing well.
A2 is a lot harder than AS yeah. In AS my teacher was incredibly bad and I didn't actually enjoy the subject at all because of it; ended up with an E... At A2 I decided to try harder and ended up loving the subject. Studied a tonne and did loads of past papers, plus retook all of my AS units. Found out today I got an A overall :smile:
Reply 4

I think you should go for it, congratulations on the A that's incredible! Do you do OCR chemistry? If so you can supplement your lessons from your "crap teacher" with youtube lesson from machenmguy: https://www.youtube.com/user/MaChemGuy/playlists The whole spec is on there and he explains everything so well.
Original post by Jackmilne95
A2 is a lot harder than AS yeah. In AS my teacher was incredibly bad and I didn't actually enjoy the subject at all because of it; ended up with an E... At A2 I decided to try harder and ended up loving the subject. Studied a tonne and did loads of past papers, plus retook all of my AS units. Found out today I got an A overall :smile:

Thanks sooo much! You got my hopes & congrats on the A you deserve it!! xxx
Original post by L33t
I think you should go for it, congratulations on the A that's incredible! Do you do OCR chemistry? If so you can supplement your lessons from your "crap teacher" with youtube lesson from machenmguy: https://www.youtube.com/user/MaChemGuy/playlists The whole spec is on there and he explains everything so well.

Im doing edexcel chem but im sure those will help a lot thank you very very much x
Original post by alow
Do it.

What you want to study needs it, so just work your ass off at it if your teacher isn't good enough. You got an A so you're clearly capable of doing well.

Yup thats what i decided to do :smile: thanks a lot x
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
First of all, congrats on your A.
If the course you want to study requires Chem then I would certainly suggest continuing
Thank you!
Reply 9
Yup thats what i decided to do :smile: thanks a lot x

Great to hear :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest